Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's what I've come up with for a 6+1 slug gun. I got this barrel perhaps 10 or 12 years ago when I saw it in a torn package at the now closed Gander Mountain in Hattiesburg; not a scratch on it but they had it marked down to around $80. I grabbed it and ran to the cash register. Mag tube is a Wilson combat with a left-side sling mount. High visibility green follower, extended tube spring to ensure positive feed.
View attachment 126263
This barrel is not rifled, but I have fired one-hole groups at 50 yards with Brenneke "Tactical Home Defense Reduced Recoil" slugs with this same barrel mounted on another 870. OK one hole that was about 3" wide. ;) But definitely home defense accuracy for a smoothbore shotgun barrel.
Since I have other HD shotguns, I think I will leave this one as a dedicated slug gun with the rifle sights, had thought about an 18 1/2" bead barrel, but have one of those already, so...

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These Brenneke slugs are interesting to shoot. First, they're slow. If you listen you will actually hear the swoosh as the the .690 diameter slug flies towards the target, then "whack".
And you don't need a spotting scope to see where you hit! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts