Lawmaker "brandishes" his weapon in the Capitol

Discussion in 'Mississippi Gun Laws' started by Scharfschütze, Feb 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

RDRJR likes this.
  2. RDRJR

RDRJR Distinguished Poster

Jayess
    Amazing how much the establishment does not like HB1083. Funny thing is it does not really change anything. It adds teeth to ensure organizations can't use their policies to trump the law.

3. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

I liked the video interviews. :)

4. stewbaby

stewbaby Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

...and of course, he won't face any consequences. Had you or I done that anywhere public, we'd still be in jail. I've had some argue that he wasn't brandishing as it wasn't done in a threatening manor. I argue there is no way for anyone to know his intent for the first few seconds...and that he could have dropped the slide and shot someone at any time. Unless he had first gotten the speakers permission and announced he was going to pull out a weapon for demonstration purpose, it's brandishing. ...Even with permission, the Sergeant at Arms should probably handle the weapon or at least do a safety check first.

Blondie70 and JohnDeere like this.
  5. jakeg823

jakeg823 Distinguished Poster

Richland
    I would like to say that it was not a shock to the speaker, the sergeant at arms and other members of the legislature, but having made more than a few trips to the Capitol building, in and out of session, as long as they recognize you(like they would a legislator,) you look like you know where you’re going or walk with a purpose, odds are slim that you will be stopped and sent through the metal detector, or checked in anyway.

94LEVERFAN likes this.
  6. Chris Boyd

Chris Boyd Distinguished Poster

SW MS
    I agree that his actions fit the definition of brandishing. And in today’s political climate, seeing a “democratic” legislator pull a weapon on the house floor would be enough to send me diving for cover. The hate filled attitude of the left these days towards things they disagree with has reached a fever pitch. It’s only a matter of time before we begin to see leftists with a martyrs mentality. These people will be the ones committing violent criminal acts with firearms in a effort to drum up support from the public for greater gun control. Of course, I’m not convinced that we haven’t already seen one of these leftist martyrs in action. Vegas anyone?

Blondie70, stewbaby and JohnDeere like this.
  7. Northern Virginia (Congressman Steve Scalise et al) ...

Chris Boyd likes this.