Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a rough prototype for something I've been playing with a little bit. Had the idea for something similar to this for a couple years now but webbing in less than 1000+ yard quantities has proven a challenge to find. There was a turn of the century belt designed with canvas loops on a leather belt mainly for rifle cartridges - but the case still on leather did not prevent verdigris from happening over time.

One seen is a base of 10 oz english bridle veg tan I'd had around the shop for quite some time, it comes tannery stuffed with hot waxes and requires no final finish with a very beautiful red color.

The vintage Threespersons' designed holsters are holding my 32 H&R collection with matching hammer thongs. It's a fairly rough prototype on all accounts but they are usable for me to beat around on. Holds 42 rounds of the little 32's and is comfortable as can be with either but especially my Vaquerito riding around. The actual orders I've had based of this design are pretty well under way after the holiday weekend!

·
Premium Member
13,094 Posts
That looks great!!!  :bigtu:  I've never seen one with canvas loops before but it's a great idea.

·
Premium Member
13,976 Posts
Great idea.  Canvas is much better on brass than leather.  I left some 44 Mag in leather for over a year and it was NASTY.  That is why nickel plating was done for ammo in the old days of leather duty rigs. 

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
man -- those are PURTY!!!!!

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
22lrfan said:
That looks great!!!  :bigtu:  I've never seen one with canvas loops before but it's a great idea.
Thanks Marty! There are several styles of web belts/loops along with a variant of the Fair Weather belt that have canvas loops so the idea isn't new, just the combination.

SubGunFan said:
Great idea.  Canvas is much better on brass than leather.  I left some 44 Mag in leather for over a year and it was NASTY.  That is why nickel plating was done for ammo in the old days of leather duty rigs. 

Hey SGF, much appreciated. I do keep nickel plated brass for that reason but it's fun to be a little outside of the box for customers projects. Tends to put some ripples in the purists pond though!

captain-03 said:
man -- those are PURTY!!!!!
Thanks Capt!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts