Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a "glamour" shot, since I've been cutting up that big oak the last few days. Might as well be prepared out in the woods. ;)

From left to right:

Stihl, Henry .41mag BBSC, Winchester 9422M, Ruger NMBH .41mag. :)

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Good picture, that Stihl looks like my 026 with 20” bar, I have had it for many years and it’s still a good ole chainsaw.

·
Registered
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good picture, that Stihl looks like my 026 with 20” bar, I have had it for many years and it’s still a good ole chainsaw.
It's an MS290, which I believe is a derivative of the 026. Does have a 20" bar on it. Bought it in 2006. They don't make this model anymore.

Reactions: Mesquite

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Best I remember Stihl made a 026 and 029 series years ago, your MS290 may be a newer upgrade of the 029 series, mine has been a good saw, but sometimes it can be hard to start the first time if it’s been setting up for awhile, after that it starts on one pull.

·
Registered
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Best I remember Stihl made a 026 and 029 series years ago, your MS290 may be a newer upgrade of the 029 series, mine has been a good saw, but sometimes it can be hard to start the first time if it’s been setting up for awhile, after that it starts on one pull.
You're right. I got curious and looked it up. Also has the same cold start reluctance as yours. I think that's a feature of most Stihls. ;)

Reactions: Mesquite

·
Premium Member
9,777 Posts
My Stihl is a MS270C, had it ,i reckon ,over 15 years. I still have an ole McCullough lying around from early 70s, got the stihl when no longer find parts for it. That McCullough has cut tons of mesquite in its day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts