Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All my grandkids like to help reload. The little ones have trouble working the Lee auto prime. Thinking of getting the Bench auto prime. Now to find it for less than $32.74 shipped.

·
Premium Member
13,551 Posts
I've used the Lee Auto Prime forever. Lately after a couple hundred rounds my hand aches. A few weeks ago I picked up one of these. So far I like it. I temporarily mounted it on my bench until I get used to it and figure out what angle and position I prefer.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

Reactions: BasMstr

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
Never used it; however, I do not believe I would have the grandkids help with anything that deals with handling working with primers. Would never forgive myself is something happened ... I will let them seat boolits and some other tasks .... THERE IS A REASON IT SAYS WEAR SAFETY GLASSES ... NOTHING IS FOOL PROOF ...

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have plans to mount a 12X16" cookie pan on a 1X12X16 board. Mount the bench auto prime to the pan. That way I'm not tied to a bench, can move it where I want. Prime left or right handed. Prime while watching tv with it in my lap. The pan should catch anything that falls.

They haven't all got into the priming part of reloading yet. Mostly decapping, sizing and case prep for the younger 2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts