Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across one that appears to be unfired. Stamp on receiver indicates it was manufactured in in 1955 @Fazackerley arsenal in Liverpool. It sports blond wood with only a few handling marks. Looking at the bolt face, there is no marks or rings of having been fired. This rifle came off pawn and is one of the best looking ones ive seen. They are asking $400 for it. Was wondering if anyone else has any opinion or expertise with these rifles. I will try to post pics later.

Reactions: rigrat

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
No fair!

Seriously, though, Doug Bowser had a similar model to this one for sale around here a while back, for a similar price. I wanted to grab it, but didn't have the money at the time.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMG_3804.JPG
IMG_3808.JPG
IMG_3809.JPG

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No fair!

Seriously, though, Doug Bowser had a similar model to this one for sale around here a while back, for a similar price. I wanted to grab it, but didn't have the money at the time.
Im looking for something to sell now. Choices Choices Choices

·
Waffennarr
8,874 Posts
You don't get it please tell us where. How many grooves in the barrel?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do not know how many
grooves I only had a few minutes to look at it and called back later to get the pics. He has stuck it back for me. My gun buying has come to a stand still since the oilfileld fell out.
Never seen a miltiary rifle that looked this brand new.

Reactions: oldguns and rigrat

·
Registered
540 Posts
Do not know how many
grooves I only had a few minutes to look at it and called back later to get the pics. He has stuck it back for me. My gun buying has come to a stand still since the oilfileld fell out.
Never seen a miltiary rifle that looked this brand new.
I know the feeling. My gun fund has dried up since I got laid off back in August from the geology field so I've been lucky that I've been gifted many new milsurps, mostly arisakas, and now I can hold off the milsurp addiction for a while until funds become available again. I really like that No4 you got and the price wasn't bad on it. I haven't seen a good enfield for sale in a while so I was worrying about their availability for a bit. Glad to know there are still some good ones out there for sale.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I Called to check on grooves and was told it looked like a 4 groove barrel.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
I don't want to hijack the thread but just curious. What's the going rate for a nice Savage No4 MkI (no *)?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't want to hijack the thread but just curious. What's the going rate for a nice Savage No4 MkI (no *)?
I Have no idea. Thats why I posted something about this one. I have never seen one in this condidtion before.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Savage No4s without a star are uncommon to a degree but they don't bring much higher money than any other No4. Now if we were talking a 1950 Long Branch (which was made in fewer numbers) or a No4 sniper then you're getting into a higher price point but as for the savage mentioned depending on condition, matching numbers, and above all not sporterised value can be anywhere from $250 to $450 with a quick sale closer to the $300 to $350 range.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Savage No4s without a star are uncommon to a degree but they don't bring much higher money than any other No4. Now if we were talking a 1950 Long Branch (which was made in fewer numbers) or a No4 sniper then you're getting into a higher price point but as for the savage mentioned depending on condition, matching numbers, and above all not sporterised value can be anywhere from $250 to $450 with a quick sale closer to the $300 to $350 range.
Thanks.. good stuff! How about the OPs gun, a Fazakerley No4 Mk2?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Thanks.. good stuff! How about the OPs gun, a Fazakerley No4 Mk2?
The Op's rifle is a good one at a decent price considering a still mummy wrapped one can range from $900+ depending on who wants it bad enough. I would think his rifle, looking like an unwrapped mummy that's been out for a while, would be worth what he paid for it. As long as all the parts are matching and headspace checks out it should be a great shooter.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Op's rifle is a good one at a decent price considering a still mummy wrapped one can range from $900+ depending on who wants it bad enough. I would think his rifle, looking like an unwrapped mummy that's been out for a while, would be worth what he paid for it. As long as all the parts are matching and headspace checks out it should be a great shooter.
All the numbers match as far as I could tell. Headspace would have to be checked. I would have to call around to try to find someone with headspace gauges.

·
Registered
540 Posts
All the numbers match as far as I could tell. Headspace would have to be checked. I would have to call around to try to find someone with headspace gauges.
That's great that all the numbers match. That means it is a good chance that the head space should be ok since the bolt head is on the matching bolt to the rifle. Now you just have to get some 303 and get to the range.

·
Waffennarr
8,874 Posts
QUOTE="idriller, post: 767833, member: 5640"]All the numbers match as far as I could tell. Headspace would have to be checked. I would have to call around to try to find someone with headspace gauges.[/QUOTE]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts