Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a lee mount system last weekend and got it mounted. Its setup for cartridge presses and not the Lee Load-All shotgun presses. But since I also picked up a 12 and 20 gauge Lee Load-All press I wanted to figure out a way to be able to mount them to it.

First I mounted my turret press to the metal bracket for use in the mount. Next I had to figure out a way to use the Load-alls with the included wood pcs that wasn't even close to being big enough for them. I ended up mounting a second board on top of it and grooving the underside to accommodate the mount. On top of the second board I mounted the Load-all. I also replace the Phillip head screws that hold the rail with bolts. This way I can use a open/box end wrench when tightening down the Load-alls. I still have to make a holding bracket for them when not being used.

IMG_6979 (Small).JPG

·
Super Moderator
8,079 Posts
How do you like the Load-All presses? I got one dirt cheap on an "open box" special from Amazon "Warehouse", and upon inspection, all parts were there except one of the mounting bolts. Mine's a Load-All II, like yours. I'm currently using these vintage loading tools for 12 gauge, and old Lee Loader kits for 20 and .410 gauge.
vintage tools.jpg lee loaders.jpg

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I'd love to have your vintage loaders. I haven't played around with it much. Did load some shot today as I wanted to try out my 800x powder. Soft shooting really liked it and less smoke than the store bought super X ones.
I tested them on full choke and killed my post with 4 rounds before I figured out the bead is to high causing me to shoot low, LOL.

But back to your question I like the Lee Load-all II. Only thing I don't like is you don't have separate lids over the shot and powder. If it did when I was done I could take it off of the bracket and dump one without dumping the other. I don't like leaving my powder in the hoppers.

·
Premium Member
14,355 Posts
Oh I'd love to have your vintage loaders. I haven't played around with it much. Did load some shot today as I wanted to try out my 800x powder. Soft shooting really liked it and less smoke than the store bought super X ones.
I tested them on full choke and killed my post with 4 rounds before I figured out the bead is to high causing me to shoot low, LOL.

But back to your question I like the Lee Load-all II. Only thing I don't like is you don't have separate lids over the shot and powder. If it did when I was done I could take it off of the bracket and dump one without dumping the other. I don't like leaving my powder in the hoppers.
So fussy.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So fussy.
Oh no not so. I'm starting to really love this shotty. Got to figure out how to get a rail on it. Going to see if a Mossy rail will work or a Remington other than that guess I'll be bubba'ng it by DT'ng it for a mount. and a side saddle.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
I have a Load All II that I've never used. Back about 1990 I found one at a carport sell for $1. It was the press and 1 set of dies. I called Lee and got a set of 20 gauge dies and manual shipped for like $8. That was just before I found 20 gauge shells for $0.25 per box. Why reload when I have all this ammo. I use to love walmart clearance prices.

·
Premium Member
14,355 Posts
Oh no not so. I'm starting to really love this shotty. Got to figure out how to get a rail on it. Going to see if a Mossy rail will work or a Remington other than that guess I'll be bubba'ng it by DT'ng it for a mount. and a side saddle.:rolleyes:
I’m good with that. Since I was the one that started cutting on it and moding it.....I figure it’s all fair game! Lol
I wanted to do a red dot on it at one point and thought about drilling/tapping the receiver for one of those rifle weaver rails.

Reactions: rigrat

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
How do you like the Load-All presses? I got one dirt cheap on an "open box" special from Amazon "Warehouse", and upon inspection, all parts were there except one of the mounting bolts. Mine's a Load-All II, like yours. I'm currently using these vintage loading tools for 12 gauge, and old Lee Loader kits for 20 and .410 gauge.
View attachment 226661 View attachment 226663
For me they are the bomb for buckshot and slug loading. I've used them for years. Great little loaders and easy on the wallet for someone that doesn't load a bunch of shotty.

Reactions: Twang and rigrat

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m good with that. Since I was the one that started cutting on it and moding it.....I figure it’s all fair game! Lol
I wanted to do a red dot on it at one point and thought about drilling/tapping the receiver for one of those rifle weaver rails.
Well now why didn't ya DT it? I wouldn't be having to figure it out myself had ya, LOL.

The best thing would be adding some adjustable rifle sights. And I might just do that if I can find a competent gunsmith that is reasonable. Meant to ask you about that gunsmith sign at the end of the road close to you. Do you know anything about him?

·
Premium Member
14,355 Posts
Well now why didn't ya DT it? I wouldn't be having to figure it out myself had ya, LOL.

The best thing would be adding some adjustable rifle sights. And I might just do that if I can find a competent gunsmith that is reasonable. Meant to ask you about that gunsmith sign at the end of the road close to you. Do you know anything about him?
No I have never dealt with him......fixed a Winchester rifle that was “worked” on by him. All I can tell you is I’d probably ignore the thought.......
We can do the drill and tap. Find the part and screws......that receiver is steel so it’ll work out fine. I didn’t go ahead with it because I had other guns serving the desired intentions. Once I got the rifled slug gun,my attention went to it with the slugs. Plus the 1300 works so good with the Lee drive keys I sorta relegated that Stevens to HD duty and kept it loaded with buckshot.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got it. If it patterns as good with buck as it did today with birdshot then it would work fine with it. I'm heading towards the use of round balls and some buck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts