Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Q Erector a few weeks ago, and just realized I need a long gun to shoot it on too. I have a Mk4 22/45 Lite ready for it, and a 10/22 I’m considering SBRing, due to the extended barrel shroud and the modular nature of this suppressor not being the most compatible setup.

So I’m thinking bolt gun... But I’d prefer a factory threaded lefty. What am I missing? Because I can’t seem to find one. It can be any style really, just nothing insanely heavy. Tactical, wood stock...don’t care as long as it’s practical-ish.

I checked Savage, CZ and Ruger:

Ruger makes no lefty 22s, but the mags would be nice. But the Americans don’t typically interest me.

I’ve had good luck with Savages in the past, but I’m not familiar with the B-22 line, and they seem to be phasing out the older style. But Savage makes a lefty, in both styles I think.

CZ caught my eye just to have something a little different, and they make one lefty.

Any others? No set price range really...but I don’t want to drop a grand on a .22 either...

I’d consider just going with a righty, or lefty and get the barrel threaded, but if that’s the case, Savage or CZ?

I’ve got a few months to wait, so no hurry.

·
Super Moderator
13,394 Posts
Spelling probably off, but how bout Anschutz if Ruger doesn't offer one. I thought I've seen an old Ruger 22/77 in .22 lefty but could have been dreaming. The CZ rimfire I have shot have been very nice

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spelling probably off, but how bout Anschutz if Ruger doesn't offer one. I thought I've seen an old Ruger 22/77 in .22 lefty but could have been dreaming. The CZ rimfire I have shot have been very nice
I’ll take a look.

I’m sure you’re right about the 22/77. They’ve nearly eliminated that line though, so naturally it’s slim pickins. I’d much prefer one of them over an American. I’m in no huge hurry to purchase though, so if I need to hold off for the right gun, I will. The wife is finally getting her own insurance through work, so I’m about to have a nice chunk of money back in my pocket every month, so I thought I’d treat myself.

If I were buying today, the CZ would probably be what I’d come home with. I’m always open to more off the wall options though...and I’m constantly amazed at guns most people just don’t know about. The Armory, for example, has some 10/22s that have been converted(for lack of a better word) to a straight pull. They’re also in the $1200~ range IIRC, so as much as they intrigue me, they’re out.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I chose the Ruger for mag compatibility and the rotary 10 rd mag fits flush with the stock. I had a Savage in the cart when I was buying my son the 10/22 takedown. Just before I hit confirm order the mag issue occurred, and to date I have no regrets.

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For the record, bolt actions are literally the only time I care about having a lefty compatible firearm. It’s the only time it matters, IMO. On a .22, I care slightly less though, which is why I’m willing to look past it for the right setup.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
For the record, bolt actions are literally the only time I care about having a lefty compatible firearm. It’s the only time it matters, IMO. On a .22, I care slightly less though, which is why I’m willing to look past it for the right setup.
My daughter is a lefty, and she usually has the 22 when we eradicate predators at night. For her, Mag changes in the dark and running the bolt are as smooth as the average right handed can do it ,

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
The CZ 452 is hard to beat. I had a 455 varmint (because they didn't make a lefty varmint 452), and really enjoyed it, but for the way I was using it as a precision trainer, it didn't really work well for me and I sold it. Silly quiet with my Sig SRD22 can on the end.

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went by Vans today and got nowhere. If it wasn’t a nonthreaded Savage, nonthreaded 10/22 or a .22 AR/AK lookalike, then they didn’t have it. I’ve been looking around online though and the CZs can’t seem to be praised enough. I’ve about decided just to go righty for my wife’s sake, since she’ll shoot it more than me I’m sur. So as of right now, these two caught my eye:

CZ 455 American Synthetic Suppressor-Ready - CZ-USA

CZ 455 Varmint Tacticool Suppressor-Ready - CZ-USA

The “tacticool” model has a few things working against it, namely the weight of the heavy barrel and nicer stock(2lb difference) and that gay model name. The synthetic American model is in the $365-400 range on gunbroker, and the “tacticool” model is in the $450-550 range. I’m still in the early stages of the decision making process, but those two are standing out, and I’ve basically decided against the Savage options.

I’m probably going to go see one of my buddies at the Armory next week and see what they’re carrying...but that’ll probably destroy the budget and leave no room for an optic.

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Of course Dad’s in Gulfport had all of the ones I was looking at. I narrowed it down to the two CZs. The prices were fine, but I just couldn’t do it for some reason. I’ll sleep on it a little longer and either make the drive back down or order one.

I think the “tacticool” model may be what I go with. It’s heavier but just felt right. The triggers on both were excellent and the bolt was way smoother than any of the rugers or savages I’ve looked at.

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I flirted with a Ruger Precision Rifle in .22 this week. Found a smoking deal on one, went by to check it out. One of the worst actions I’ve ever felt. Granted, this was a sample size of one, but it was enough to tell me I need to go ahead with a CZ. I set the bar too high I guess.

I have to go back to the coast in a few weeks for work, so while I’m down that way I’ll probably swing by Dad’s Super Pawn and grab one.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
My vote is for either of the CZ's. They are hands down the best shooting and the most accurate out of the box 22lr on the market today. I have two and have shot most every 22 brand on the market. The quality is far more superior than any other unless you build a custom bolt rifle. Bite the bullet, spend the little extra money and get you a good quality rifle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,047 Posts
My vote is for either of the CZ's. They are hands down the best shooting and the most accurate out of the box 22lr on the market today. I have two and have shot most every 22 brand on the market. The quality is far more superior than any other unless you build a custom bolt rifle. Bite the bullet, spend the little extra money and get you a good quality rifle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
^THIS^ Double^

1 - 20 of 24 Posts