close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Leupold question

Discussion in 'Optics and Accessories' started by Deersnyper, Nov 13, 2017 at 12:22 PM.

Tags:
  1. Deersnyper

Deersnyper Full Poster

Anybody have any experience with the vari x2? Is there a big difference in light gathering between the vari x2 vs vari x3?

2. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Yeah, just go ahead with the VXIII and be happy from now on!

3. Caleb C

Caleb C Distinguished Poster

Lake, MS
    There's nothing wrong with either one of them. Heck, there's nothing wrong with the Rifleman series for that matter. The 3 is better than the 2 though. Is it $100 better? I guess that just depends on one's perception. I think you'd be happy with either one. Do you want to spend $100 to be more happy?

Blondie70 likes this.
  4. Soonered

Soonered Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

If your trying to save some $$$ and you are using a low power scope, say 3X9. Then the VX2 is still very good. Where I really find a difference that is worth the money is as the power goes up. For example, if I'm getting up around 18 or 20 power, then I want the VXIII.

Check Optics Planet for good prices. Also check www.samplelist.com for demos.

5. Deersnyper

Deersnyper Full Poster

Yea I'm looking for a lower powered scope say 3x9 or 2.5x10 with a 50mm glass. I'm trying to find a scope that has great light gathering and figured the vx3 would gather more light but there's not much to choose from in the vx3 line that's low powered. It will be used primarily for hunting. 250 yard max shot. Is there another scope that's great at gathering light? I've used the nikon prostaff and buckmaster line and Tey do pretty good

6. checker

checker Distinguished Poster

Yep, There is a difference. I have a VX-2 3x9, and when the time comes it will be replaced with the VX3 3.5x10. Better mechanical adjustments, and slightly more precise in the adjustments, and a lot better glass, and when comparing the two, there is an obvious difference.

7. Blondie70

Blondie70 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Maybe a Redfield ? Made by Leupold and the Revolution models are made in USA !!!

8. Soonered

The Nikon monarchs are very good. When I don't spend the money on a leupold but want a clear hunting scope i buy them.

9. Soonered

10. Caleb C

Caleb C Distinguished Poster

Lake, MS
    There are usually some good deals to be had on Samplelist.com. I've bought several scopes there.

11. Deersnyper

Deersnyper Full Poster

Ok thanks to all. I'ma see if any good black Friday deals on Leupold and try and get the vari x3 2.5x10x50.

12. Soonered

Good luck. That would be a great scope.

13. Soonered

14. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

With Optics planet you can also message them and see if that's the best they can do, usually can get a few dollars knocked off.

15. Sneaky

Sneaky Distinguished Poster

Just an FYI, the old "Vari-x" and newer "VX" models are different. Basically the VX 3 is an updgade from the older Vari-x 3, the VX 2 is basically the same as the old vari-x 3, etc.

Soonered likes this.