Mississippi Gun Owners banner

lick pics

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  msredneck 
#1 ·
Starting to get a few pics. I'm ready for Oct. 1.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Lt.Dan said:
thats a good size cat.
Yeah, that camera is setup on the edge of a crp field. It is a bobcat haven. That's cool though. It makes for more exciting hunts. I used to let them walk, but the last several years, I have been hammering the cats and yotes.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
bubbat said:
3spop said:
Northwest MS.
:lol4: knew that, shoulda asked behind the levee or the Delta side?
Both actually, the daytime pics were east of the levee, and the others were about 200 yards from the big muddy. Matter of fact, I just made that lick at the end of January and the river came up and it was under water for a while so I didn't know if they had found it. I went in for the first time since January about 3 weeks ago and was pleased to see that they were wearing it out.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Lt.Dan said:
whats the average sized deer down here? I grew up hunting up in upper Michigan where 150lb deer are small. ive got plenty of 200lb+ deer over the years. Id like to take out a few cats, ive never hunted those or boars.
Here in the delta where I hunt, it's hard to say. We certainly kill alot of 200+ pound bucks. A buddy and the folks they hunt with also kill several 140#+ does. Then there are also alot of 180# 8 points and 100# does killed every year around here also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.