Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
@Shrek and I are about to start reloading 410's on a MEC Grabber 761R. If anybody has any tips, fire away. How important is it to stick to the hull and wad specified in the loading data? Any good sources for empty hulls?

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Ballistic products shows some primer 2 1/2 cheddite hulls in stock.

Shotgun is not like rifle or pistol where you work up loads. Try to stick to recipes.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have a MEC Jr I used to load 410 a few years ago. I was loading with H110 and found it leaks out of the powder bar. I ended up using a cheap Lee powder dispenser to drop my charges. I don’t remember the recipe, but Soonered is right, stick to the book for shotgun loads (hull, wad, shot combinations).

·
Registered
12,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Inline Fabrication quick change plate should be delivered today or tomorrow. Once it comes in, gonna head over to @Shrek's place to see if two heads really are better than on. Tried loading a few the other day just to get an idea on how much powder and shot was dropping. Side note - found out that the amount of shot is determined by the charge bar. I was getting 11.3 grains of Alliant 410 powder to drop each time which was nice. But when I tried to drop some shot using the wad it kept getting stuck in the drop tube. Got pretty aggravated so I put it aside. Never woulda thought that shot shell reloading would be more complicated than metallic cartridge reloading.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts