Mississippi Gun Owners banner
81 - 100 of 105 Posts
1. We shot the highpower match in the pouring rain, like champions.
2. We ate.
3. We had the meeting. Very good turnout. I'll let the new President, PhillipM, report on that.

I still think we need to have the smackdown, if you guys can handle it.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Ya'll wake me up when we have a lease proposal to present

Think we got some good leadership....ya'll don't let us down...we countin on ya...

My $300 is sitting in the cookie jar.....waiting to see what happens

PhillipM - President
Jim Suber - Sec/Tres
Don Lackey - VP

Mississippi Long-Range Shooters, LLC

Don and Phillip to present lease agreement to land owner (amount was discussed - will not publish amount here) Will also check to see what the County requires (permits, etc).

DevilDog to draw-up the LLC paperwork and file.

Alot was discussed regarding WHEN the new range would be open for use (weekends only or 7 days a week). Many prospective members voice a concern over this issue .... This will be discussed with leasors ....

That's the main stuff ... No money collected at this point.

around 20+ present for meeting.

X-Ring said:
S.W.G.C.JBMIII said:
Who all was there ? :thinking:
A bunch of those secret society members.
A very scary group indeed..... :gun:

:affraid:

For the record - As I understand things....temporary officers were named....they were empowered to negotiate the lease terms with the owner

PhillipM - Temp Pres

Mildot - Temp V.P.

SuberJC - Temp Sec/Treas

Devil Dog to work on LLC and Dan Henson to work on the lease...

Obvously - We all know - temporary becomes non-temporary pretty ez :p

The price negotiated will be influenced by whether or not its a weekend only place or eventually a weekday place. Based on what I've seen...I'd count on it being a weekend only for a while....That does not bother me too much either way

Pres and VP have a negotiating range, money wise and I sure hope they meet with landowner to begin that "process" very soon...like this coming week....

I'd love to be shootn by late summer

msredneck said:
X-Ring said:
S.W.G.C.JBMIII said:
Who all was there ? :thinking:
A bunch of those secret society members.
Flying colors ....might not work for some,

A very scary group indeed..... :gun: me fear not much...

:affraid: Or should I be :evilgun: ???

For the record - As I understand things....temporary officers were named....they were empowered to negotiate the lease terms with the owner

PhillipM - Temp Pres

Mildot - Temp V.P.

SuberJC - Temp Sec/Treas

Devil Dog to work on LLC and Dan Henson to work on the lease...

Obvously - We all know - temporary becomes non-temporary pretty ez :p

The price negotiated will be influenced by whether or not its a weekend only place or eventually a weekday place. Based on what I've seen...I'd count on it being a weekend only for a while....That does not bother me too much either way

Pres and VP have a negotiating range, money wise and I sure hope they meet with landowner to begin that "process" very soon...like this coming week....

I'd love to be shootn by late summer

We arrived at 10:45am and it was raining so hard, my sons and I went to Wendy's for lunch then returned. By the time the meeting started, the rain had subsided and I joined my sons in mowing the range, so we could finish. I got a debrief from Will S. after the meeting and thought everything sounded good from what I heard at the beginning and afterwards. Sorry I had to leave the meeting and help my sons mow but I had thought the meeting would start earlier, and it probably would have had it not been for the flash floods. I'll stay posted and hopefully make the next meeting. Seemed like a great group of like minded riflemen. Hope to see you all on the range soon!

I was there and was left with a good feeling about the project. I think we've got some capable and dedicated people in charge and involved in general.

It was good meeting some of the F-class guys.

I think we've got a good group to bring this off.

:D

Unlike most things in society today, y'all made the right decision in selecting leadership based on who has done the most in leading this joint venture forward. I feel confident that a deal will get made, and have my 300 waiting on it just as soon as a lease is rendered.

Paperwork is done. We have a Tax ID, and waiting on a couple of signatures on the LLC and I will file. Probably tomorrow. These documents are probably enough to open up a bank account, depending on how picky the bank wants to be.

This is set up as a "multiple member LLC," which treats it like a partnership for tax purposes. May incur some accounting fees for a slightly more complicated return, but this is definitely the entity we want. The next step is to decide the requirements for membership. The main requirement is $, and how much.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.