Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Chief cook and bottle washer
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why ?
What did this deranged teenager expect his actions were going to bring? Is it just evil that we can’t comprehend?
I’m beginning to believe there is no cure except the good Lord return and put an end to it all

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
Why ?

I’m beginning to believe there is no cure except the good Lord return and put an end to it all
That's the only thing that is going to stop the madness, until then law abiding folks will continue to suffer and pay the price for the actions of those who seek a path of lawlessness. This occurrence was terrible but is it any worse than what happens every day all across the land where innocent people are caught in the crossfire between people who have total disregard for human life?

·
Registered
19,401 Posts
This will be a talking point for the upcoming midterms. But it may not be the only or last one. Sometimes these things spawn copycats, and this one checked all the boxes.

As Cooper noted many years ago: "One cannot legislate the maniacs off the street."

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
Excerpts quoted from his manifesto:
“Because they work, there are very few weapons that are easier to use and more effective at killing than firearms, especially the Bushmaster XM-15 I will be using. The effect it would have on social discourse, the extra media coverage they would provide, and the changes to gun laws that will be pushed will all help my case.”

In another chilling passage, he writes, “Why did you choose (REDACTED) for the place of attack?” and explains,

(REDACTED) has the highest black population percentage (zip code *) and isn’t that far away. Plus NY has heavy gun laws so it would ease me if I knew that any legally armed civilian was limited to 10 round magazines or cucked (sic) firearms.
(emphasis mine)
Yep, quite clear his intentions, provoke more gun control and regulations in the hope of bringing a counter-reaction against such regulations. I don't think that will happen. If more restrictions are introduced the majority of gunowners will ***** and moan but just accept it.

·
Registered
19,401 Posts
“Because they work, there are very few weapons that are easier to use and more effective at killing than firearms, especially the Bushmaster XM-15 I will be using. The effect it would have on social discourse, the extra media coverage they would provide, and the changes to gun laws that will be pushed will all help my case.”

In another chilling passage, he writes, “Why did you choose (REDACTED) for the place of attack?” and explains,

Yep, quite clear his intentions, provoke more gun control and regulations in the hope of bringing a counter-reaction against such regulations. I don't think that will happen. If more restrictions are introduced the majority of gunowners will * and moan but just accept it.
There will be more demands for universal background checks - which obviously didn't interfere with this shooters plans, since he bought the gun(s) and armor legally. Ditto useless bans of various firearms, etc. No doubt some politicians and talking heads will push for a full-on door-to-door confiscation of everything that goes bang. Which would be a really, really, bad move.

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
There will be more demands for universal background checks - which obviously didn't interfere with this shooters plans, since he bought the gun(s) and armor legally. Ditto useless bans of various firearms, etc. No doubt some politicians and talking heads will push for a full-on door-to-door confiscation of everything that goes bang. Which would be a really, really, bad move.
I would like to think your are correct, ie that it would be a bad move in that citizens would resist. But I am not optimistic for 2 reasons.
1- if citizens do resist that would be this administration's wet dream of a total crackdown on all opponents, political or otherwise. Maybe up to and including martial law. Our young, post-Obama politically vetted officer corps of our military will march in goosestep conformity and enforce whatever they are ordered to do.
2- NRA will use it as a mega fund raiser, gun owners will wail and gnash their teeth, then, just as in CT, line up like sheep to turn in banned guns.
The fact that the shooter passed background checks will prove to be a MAJOR reason that the left can use to say "see, even background checks aren't sufficient. We must implement a complete ban on the ownership of most if not all firearms!"
As an aside, Academy et al seem to have a very large on the shelf inventory of bulk packs of popular calibers at what are, in the current climate, reasonable prices. Just a note to the wise.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I don’t understand the “omg why would he do this?” His motivations seem perfectly clear. He is a destabilizer. An accelerationist. He is one of those that is of the opinion that there is no longer a political solution and that restoration of sanity to our clown world must come at the price of violence. It’s probably a more common position than one would think.

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
I don’t understand the “omg why would he do this?” His motivations seem perfectly clear. He is a destabilizer. An accelerationist. He is one of those that is of the opinion that there is no longer a political solution and that restoration of sanity to our clown world must come at the price of violence. It’s probably a more common position than one would think. You can thank the democrats.
Actually the earlier and arguably most famous person who followed this course of action - destabilizer is appropriate but so is "instigator" or agent provacateur, to use an older, more historical term - would be old Charlie Manson. Remember, his reason for him sending his followers out on their murder spree was ostensibly to provoke a race war. The USA was already on the verge of a race war at the time, with riots, etc. but there were also African American leaders such as MLK Jr. urging peace. So for that and a variety of other reasons, Manson's "Race War" never caught fire. Of course back then there was no mass media, instant communication such as we have some 60 years hence. Also US society is perhaps more divided today than at no time in our country's history, save for perhaps 1860.
Keep your ear to the ground, folks, monitor events and more importantly (perhaps) the actions of those in power, supplies of all sorts from food to ammunition. As the old saying goes, pray for the best, plan for the worst.

·
Registered
19,401 Posts
I would like to think your are correct, ie that it would be a bad move in that citizens would resist. But I am not optimistic for 2 reasons.
1- if citizens do resist that would be this administration's wet dream of a total crackdown on all opponents, political or otherwise. Maybe up to and including martial law. Our young, post-Obama politically vetted officer corps of our military will march in goosestep conformity and enforce whatever they are ordered to do.
2- NRA will use it as a mega fund raiser, gun owners will wail and gnash their teeth, then, just as in CT, line up like sheep to turn in banned guns.
The fact that the shooter passed background checks will prove to be a MAJOR reason that the left can use to say "see, even background checks aren't sufficient. We must implement a complete ban on the ownership of most if not all firearms!"
As an aside, Academy et al seem to have a very large on the shelf inventory of bulk packs of popular calibers at what are, in the current climate, reasonable prices. Just a note to the wise.
I think we can look at New Zealand and Australia (among other countries) for insight on how such a ban might go. However, the political fear of potential resistance might be enough to derail any outright ban attempt.

As regards ammo, the retailers in my part of MS are pretty well stocked, although still inflationary prices. I picked up 200 rnds of Winchester white box .45 ball Friday. :)

Reactions: 2A_1791

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
To clarify, I understand his motivations but that is not to say I understand or approve of his implementation.

I saw a post earlier that made a lot of sense:

Happy Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Document

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
To clarify, I understand his motivations but that is not to say I understand or approve of his implementation.

I saw a post earlier that made a lot of sense:

View attachment 304087
The way every media platform pumps this anti white crap is what’s making these events happen…They portray if your a white guy your a piece of s**t…Some people don’t f**k around…I will say this, the more they keep this narrative up the more people will snap…sucks for the innocent but war is hell…not everyone has the ability to not let things affect them..that kid will definitely get some discussions started. IMO

·
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Yep, quite clear his intentions, provoke more gun control and regulations in the hope of bringing a counter-reaction against such regulations. I don't think that will happen. If more restrictions are introduced the majority of gunowners will * and moan but just accept it.
So which side of the argument did he make the best points? Sounds like he’s really one messed up individual, not insane but having to kill 10 people to prove a point is never going to work.
I could even believe this guy had people prodding him on to do this. AB about proves that with what he found and posted.
Seriously doubt cameras will be allowed but wherever they have his trial is gonna be a mess when it’s all done.

·
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I forgot to mention the off duty or retired officer who gave his life. ( can’t remember which)
He should be given the honor of hero. Most likely while the perp was engaged with this officer lives were spared, news said the officer hit the perp several times but he was wearing body armor.

·
Registered
19,401 Posts
Gov Hochul on CNN this morning about the shooting and her demands to "do something" about social media, and guns.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I forgot to mention the off duty or retired officer who gave his life. ( can’t remember which)
He should be given the honor of hero. Most likely while the perp was engaged with this officer lives were spared, news said the officer hit the perp several times but he was wearing body armor.
For sure….think he was retired it says…bad day for supermarket shopping for sure…bad thing is it can happen anywhere…got to always be ready and carry carry carry…

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Gov Hochul on CNN this morning about the shooting and her demands to "do something" about social media, and guns.

Here comes the big brother to the rescue…please..dumb b**ch says high capacity mags are at fault here..3 10 round mags can kill just as good as a 30…just have to hit mag release more often.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts