Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my father-in-law asked me to sell 2 firearms for him (a Colt 45 Goldcup & Saiga 12). I have never sold guns of this magnitude, only a simple 22rifle a few years ago. Are there any sites online that are best to sell within Mississippi(I have joined Armslist)? Could I take them to a local gunshow and sell? If someone outside of Mississippi wants them what is the process of selling them? What paperwork beyond a bill of sale are needed?

I am located in Hattiesburg.

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
List them on here , with friends we'll supply the guidance- not any different than the 22 you sold .
Thanks Rob. What is the process if someone outside of MS wants them? I know what my FiL wants for them but I do not know the going prices on them. Im was thinking to see if I can find a broker locally who will have the contacts to potential buyers.

·
Super Moderator
13,476 Posts
Check gunbroker for current prices. Look at 'buy it now' prices and guns that actually have bids. Condition means a lot. Neither should be hard to sell if he has a realistic price. Post pix and his asking price on here in the classifieds. Besides myself, I know a few others on here that wouldn't mind another Gold Cup.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Thanks Rob. What is the process if someone outside of MS wants them? I know what my FiL wants for them but I do not know the going prices on them. Im was thinking to see if I can find a broker locally who will have the contacts to potential buyers.
Chances are they sell right here .... why pay a broker fee ? What's the specs of the firearms .. post pics if you can and Iam sure many here will give up our honest opinions .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I am lacking in posts to be able to sell on here just yet, I did post them up on armslist. Ive been told his asking of 2000 is accurate for the goldcup but that 1500 on the saiga is too high.
20170210_213955.jpg
20170210_211126-1.jpg

·
Registered
3,472 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup, Have those pages pulled up. Yup, He is going to have to modify his prices a bit if he wants to sell them. The grips on the 1911 are an upgrade but Im not sure who made them or how much my FiL paid for them. Ill Have to ask him about what he paid. I will let him know what the Saiga and all the clips/barrels for it are going for. He is currently preparing to sail & move to India so has been a bit busy. Im trying to get all my questions written down so I can have him answer them with fewest calls I can.
Ive only ever sold the 1 gun, I own 2 myself, one a gift from my father( 1946 Remington Sportsmaster 512 22rifle) and one from my grandfather(Western Auto Revelation 310C 20ga shotgun, made by Mossberg). I don't ever intend to sell them, had the 22 since 1995 and the shotgun since 99.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is a better photo of the gun itself. I don't know what it looked like brand new out of the box, the stock is Tapco the rail/fore grip is Daniel Defense. I am just starting my research on everything.

Attachments

·
Registered
646 Posts
Keep in mind that not all of those Colt Gold Cups bring the same price. Think that one's a series 80 based off the serial (most series 70s have a NM in there somewhere). Probably an "enhanced" model from the 90s looking at the trigger guard undercut. I'm guessing the roll mark on the other side is something like Series 80 MK IV?

That beaver tail fit is driving me nuts, but they came from the factory that way. :mad:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Keep in mind that not all of those Colt Gold Cups bring the same price. Think that one's a series 80 based off the serial (most series 70s have a NM in there somewhere). Probably an "enhanced" model from the 90s looking at the trigger guard undercut. I'm guessing the roll mark on the other side is something like Series 80 MK IV?

That beaver tail fit is driving me nuts, but they came from the factory that way. :mad:
Yes it is a series 80 MK
20170210_212531.jpg
IV

1 - 14 of 14 Posts