Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The install of parts going good, except for the trigger guard. No pics on it either that show what I have. Instructions say install front of guard first with the detent...……..nary a detent is anywhere around. Front of guard just has a hole on one side...other side blank. There was a threaded pin in the package...could this pin be for the front hole ??? Very small allen wrench would work for it.
I got the back pin in. Real tite. … the writeup says test triggerguard assembly by making sure the guard will pivot open from the front. WHY ? craziest thing I have ever heard of.
Anyway...it will pivot down only a few degrees and can go no more.
All I see that may work for the front of this guard is the threaded pin and there are no threads for it...would have to make it's own.
This is the only thing I have encountered so far that makes no sense at all.....
Any ideas ?
OMM ?
Thanks, Pete

·
Premium Member
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought they made the big guards for that. At any rate, this one won't open much bigger at all. I just need to close it permanently and can't figure out how to do it. Thanks for the input.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,349 Posts
What brand trigger guard?
If magpul then its roll pin in back and threaded set screw in front. I believe. My last builds had forged guards.

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
When I first was in Army, olive green knit wool gloves with a black "leather?" shell and tightening strap on the back was winter gear for the field, very bulky and clumsy and even with trig guard opened up it would have been clumsy to shoot at anything.
(All that stuff went home in a box though, along with civies and anything else the Army didn't think you'd need.
To your point, what is name brand of kit or stripped lower. There's lots of variations out there these days.

·
Premium Member
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info, guys. Thanks Chickernman for the offer, but I got it installed. No plunger here but like OMM said, a set screw. This is a Palmetto Armory lower. Magpul triggerguard, I guess. They are calling this set screw a "detent" and do not show it in parts list. Looks like a set screw to me....damn sure ain't a detent. Guard will only open a few degrees with this out anyway....plum dumb if you ask me. I was thinking about drilling it all out and finding a roll pin to go in it like in the back, but then I tried the set screw thru the hole and it threaded in....made it's own threads, I guess, as it is in good an tite. Can't figure why they only want one side of the front hooked up, tho….
All ok now and it is finished as a rifle lower. Looks good too. Got a 20" upper coming for it. 5.56.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts