1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
I thought they already had this year.

·
Super Moderator
8,231 Posts
Hey Twang!! Is the Lyman show this weekend?? Been seeing signs!!
Yes, sir. The 21st & 22nd. I'm gonna be out of town on Saturday for a grandson's birthday in Gloster, MS, but I plan on going by the show on Sunday afternoon when I get out of church. I always enjoy the SMGA Lyman show. There's also another show the following weekend at the Coliseum in Biloxi. It's a CAP show. Don't know if I'll make that one or not, but the Lyman show is one of my favorites.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
They are nice, I went early trade off some stuff for some gold and cash. Then hit $500.00 at island view and ran out of there. There is a fair deal on ruger red label 12 ga for $800.00 but the pad on the stock is not right and bigger than the wood. A friend of mine trade a lot of silver for a Winchester 3 bbl set over under.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
They are nice, I went early trade off some stuff for some gold and cash. Then hit $500.00 at island view and ran out of there. There is a fair deal on ruger red label 12 ga for $800.00 but the pad on the stock is not right and bigger than the wood. A friend of mine trade a lot of silver for a Winchester 3 bbl set over under.
Yeah, I saw that Red Label too...hmmmmm.

·
Super Moderator
13,473 Posts
Yeah, I saw that Red Label too...hmmmmm.
A Red Label would be nice. And I’m not even into shotties that much

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For what it's worth I really don't think a Red Label 12ga is worth $800! And if the recoil pad doesn't fit probably means it has been replaced and not trimmed.

And I agree with you Ellis on above comment to PD!! I need to let him shoot the Krieghoff with the 20 or 28 tubes in it and see if it takes 1 or 2 shots to be hooked!!! Heck he may even like the "Release" trigger!!!

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,491 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,533 Posts
For what it's worth I really don't think a Red Label 12ga is worth $800! And if the recoil pad doesn't fit probably means it has been replaced and not trimmed.

And I agree with you Ellis on above comment to PD!! I need to let him shoot the Krieghoff with the 20 or 28 tubes in it and see if it takes 1 or 2 shots to be hooked!!! Heck he may even like the "Release" trigger!!!
2oz of solid mass hitting a steel target/water jug/watermelon is pretty impressive lol

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Don't know if anyone is interested. But if you go to the show today. When you walk in the door turn right. Last table on your right there was a 303 British that was sporterized for $189.00! Don't know any particulars on it. But might be of interest to someone.

·
Registered
9,643 Posts
Heck he may even like the "Release" trigger!!!
Had one with a release trigger come into my shop for sale once. I'm sure the guy thought it was broken but didn't tell me...bought it at a good price and made a good profit on it. BUT...I made sure the tag identified it properly and that the buyer understood what he was getting!

·
Super Moderator
8,231 Posts
Just got home from the Lyman show. It was really slow, customer wise. Not many folks there at all. The vendor count was probably about the same as past shows.

Got to speak to @Hoot G for a minute. Saw another guy in a MSGO tee shirt, standing next to a knife-sharpening vendor by the front door. Didn't get to speak, though.

Ended up selling the two I brought, and buying another, so I did pretty well. I might even check out the Biloxi show next weekend.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Yes, sir. The 21st & 22nd. I'm gonna be out of town on Saturday for a grandson's birthday in Gloster, MS, but I plan on going by the show on Sunday afternoon when I get out of church. I always enjoy the SMGA Lyman show. There's also another show the following weekend at the Coliseum in Biloxi. It's a CAP show. Don't know if I'll make that one or not, but the Lyman show is one of my favorites.
You need to be careful coming into Amite County without a passport. Hope the birthday was great for him.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts