Mississippi Gun Owners banner

M&G 2021 After Shoot Comments & Pictures

6K views 52 replies 21 participants last post by  Redlick83 
#1 ·
Let me start by thanking Bruce for the use of his land. And a BIG thank you to Frodo and the other cooks of that wonder pig. You guys did a top-notch job on that pig.

The road coming in was not bad at all. Both cars and trucks made it through. It did rain on us a very little, but the cloud cover really helped to hold the temps down.

Some of the early arrivals.

The shooting was done at the top of a small hill. This shows the pistol range and rifle range (steel target at 220yds).

PhillipD trying Leadburner's suppressed rifle at 220yds.

The pig is DONE...........

So it is LUNCH TIME. Note the custom built pig cooker.

After lunch there was more shooting and BSing. I setup 2 game cameras to catch random pictures. One camera was set too far and didn't trip enough. The second camera was set too close and caught too much. It is a learning process.
It was good to place more names with faces. I think everyone had a GOOD TIME.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hate I missed it but was beat from my trip home from Orlando Thursday, then my trip from Clara to Lucedale to Waynesboro to Ellisville and then home on Friday.

Glad to hear that everyone had a good time but everyone always seems to at these meets.

#14 ·
Hate I missed it but was beat from my trip home from Orlando Thursday, then my trip from Clara to Lucedale to Waynesboro to Ellisville and then home on Friday.

Glad to hear that everyone had a good time but everyone always seems to at these meets.
I thought old folks were tough? 🤨

🤣

#12 ·
I thought about your shirt later after I left the M&G. Went to drop some stuff off at @onlymaroonmatters house,left and went blindly with whatever the ol’maps app told me.........dear god! I went down some roads that I was genuinely concerned about my virtue. 😂
All I could think about was “I hear banjo music!”

@frodo and @phillipd
The pig was awesome. Very good pork.

I also want to thank Bruce for the use of his property for such an event.

And as always @SubGunFan.......thanks so much for the opportunity to run a mag through one of those Autos.

#11 ·
Yes, thanks to @frodo for organizing this.
And finding a place to have it.
And coming up with the idea of cooking a whole pig.
And for coming the night before and fighting off the horseflies to cook it for 12 hours.
And to @phillipd for the canopy, and providing (kinda) adult supervision for us yahoos, and staying after and cleaning up.
And to everyone else whose name I can't recall who brought the beans, and the chocolate cake, and the CHEESCAKE, and the slaw, and @librich for bringing water, and to everyone that brought their pew-pews, and for all the pics.
Woo hoo!!

#22 ·
Man I had a good time. but after staying up all night as the day got longer my old butt was wore out

Thank you
@phillipd and @wllmkttrll , and a huge shout out to all of you guys that brought stuff that was needed.
MR @94LEVERFAN Thank you sir for the permission to use your land
We had a grand time. and am looking forward to next year. when we try a Bigger pig !!!

#23 ·
Hate I had to miss it, but I did get to visit with Frodo and Bruce Friday and bring a good case of redbugs home with me...LOL

#26 ·
LOL there was like 3 threads on it , leading up to it. You should check the NEW tab more often it will show you the threads that have new posts in them. Alerts doesn't always give you everything .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.