close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

M1 Carbine Modern Scout

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by sand_man, Apr 22, 2016.

1. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

2. blkout

blkout Distinguished Poster

Byram, MS
    it is high and they should not have coated the wood stock. Why make a wood stock to coat it with polymer?

rigrat, maxhush, phillipd and 2 others like this.

3. patchz

patchz Court Jester

I like it except for the stock and price. But then I'm a huge fan of scout rifles.

Would love to have it with a nice brown laminated stock.

4. Stryker6

Stryker6 Distinguished Poster

Just my opinion but you could drop that coin on a scout squad or socom 16 and be better off in the long run.

5. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    I like my 6 originals much better. That stock is just ugly. Don't need the rail either.

6. patchz

patchz Court Jester

Already got a Socom, Ruger Gunsite Scout, and a Marlin Guide Gun with a Scout scope. :lol4:

I do want a Scout Squad though.

7. Stryker6

Stryker6 Distinguished Poster

I've got a scout squad some of the best money I ever spent, got a loaded model also, had a socom sold it to fund the scout.

8. K.B.

K.B. Distinguished Poster

The para trooper model is much better and the wood is not coated like that but still high as hell, but it dont mean I would get one.

9. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

I like it also but needs a walnut stock and a change in caliber to 9mm so it would be very affordable to shot, oh and a cheaper price.

CajunBP likes this.
  10. K.B.

K.B. Distinguished Poster

Hell while we are at it, Ruger needs to bring back the .44 carbine. I would take that over the .30 anyday

11. CajunBP

CajunBP Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I agree. I was also thinking you could buy a Kel-Tec in 40 and 9mm and have money left over to buy practice ammo!

12. DEADEYE 1

DEADEYE 1 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I,ve got a Ruger 9 mm carbine. It looks just like a cross between a 10/22 and a M1 Carbine.
    You and I have probably heard things about the M1 Carbine not being potent enough.
    I have a friend that was in a Special Forces unit in Laos and Vietnam. He told me he carried a Stevens 12 ga pump, a 38 revolver and a 45- 1911. When he was not toting the 12 gauge he toted a M1 Carbine.
    I asked him about power of the M1. His words, most of our fighting was up close. A soldier from Australia showed me how to make a X across the nose of the 30 cal. Carbine bullet. He said when we had some down time, I would take my knife and make X,s on the 30 cal bullets. He said that they did the job after that. He said that he did not like the M16 back in the mid 60s.
    The Ruger Carbine that I have has a black synthetic stock. I have a friend that has tried to trade me out of the Ruger several times but I was not interested in his trades. I want to say that my Ruger is a PC9 and it will take Ruger pistol magazines.
    MKS Supply that represents Inland is one of the factories that make some of the HI-POINT pistols, I have ordered parts from them before and they were prompt.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  13. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Distinguished Poster

I have a bunch of magazines to fit that PC9 of yours that I'd love to work out a trade on . I don't have any use for them

Attached Files:

14. DEADEYE 1

DEADEYE 1 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I,ve got a Ruger pistol that shoots the same magazine.You do have a bunch of those magazines. But I don,t know when I will be going over that way. Still don,t know if I am going to be able to make it to the Meet and Greet. I am going to see if I can get someone to go with me.

15. way over priced, ugly stock,

16. blkout

blkout Distinguished Poster

Byram, MS
    :yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

17. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Distinguished Poster

Yeah I'm not sure if I will make it either; going to try though. And as far as these mags go. They are collecting dust here. I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon; so even if it is "someday" it would be good to see them get some use; and if I can trade for something useful it would just make everything seem "right" with the world. :)

18. Joe Guyton

Joe Guyton Active Member

At $995 +, those M-1 Carbine reproductions have priced themselves up there. I've got a couple of older carbines. 1 from WW2 and 1 post war production. I really like the m1 Carbine, though. It's a great little rifle and makes a good home defense gun.