close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

M1 Garand Clinic and Tournament SW Gun Club 12/9/17

Discussion in 'Training' started by Doug Bowser, Nov 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Soonered

Soonered Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

No second attendee with me.

2. Chris Boyd

Chris Boyd Distinguished Poster

SW MS
    Hope everyone who’s coming to this event remembers their thermal undies. Forecast calling for temps in the mid 30’s at 8 a.m. on Saturday with a high only in the low 50’s by mid afternoon. Gonna be a bright, sun shiny, cold a** day.

3. Mesquite

Mesquite Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I'm assuming clinic is still on?
    I sent my registration in;but, I'll be monitored roads in morning. It about 2 + hour drive in normal conditions.

4. Chris Boyd

SW MS
    There’s been no word on it’s cancellation. I plan to be there for 8 a.m., provided I can get out of the neighborhood. Main roads, interstate and highways should be clear, if they stay well traveled through the night. Neighborhood streets and less traveled roadways are another matter. Then there’s the limb issue. The overnight ice is going to cause a lot of limb shedding.

Mesquite likes this.
  5. Mesquite

My plan is to come, but it's going to be pushing 830 or so getting there probably.

6. captain-03

captain-03 Moderator Staff Member MSGO Supporter

Byram, MS
    Just talked with Doug at SW Gun Club -- the clinic is still on for tomorrow.

Ya'll be careful and dress warm!!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 5:41 PM
    stewbaby likes this.
  7. Chris Boyd

SW MS
    We had a good clinic today, despite the cold and the wet. 10 shooters and enough help. Finally got the chance to put faces to a couple names here on MSGO. If you were there and I didn't get a chance to meet you properly, I apologize. Maybe next time. Despite one (never before seen) malfunction, the club's M1's ran great. Hope everyone that attended had fun.

8. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

All went safe and well. Having a nice heated clubhouse on days like today certainly boosts morale...
    Good to see some old comrades and put faces with other names. Thanks for the good turnout!
    IMG_1438.JPG IMG_1447.JPG IMG_1439.JPG

Trailboss and Mesquite like this.
  9. Mesquite

It was a great time, as mentioned, great meeting face to face, though my shooting wasn't to great, didn't matter, had a blast, well worth the drive. :101010:

10. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

I have to say if I could bottle the scent of driving home with 10 dirty "RIFLE, CAL. 30, M1" in my car, I daresay I could sell a bunch of this to certain people I know. ;)

11. Mesquite

Scharfs
    Scharfschütze, how you manage to get pic of that walrus in center.
    Thanks to all you'll that helped put it on.

Scharfschütze likes this.
  12. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

Oh and for the record, as I was going back and forth to the car this morning to shovel 6" of snow off of the windshields, in 25 degrees, the w*fe told me to tell Papa Doug "I don't know who is more stupid, you or Doug. You can tell him I said that." She then retreated to cover under blankets by the heater in the nice cozy living room while I was dealing with this. I took no offense at this.
    IMG_1423.JPG
    But as others and I have already posted, had a great time!

Mesquite likes this.
  13. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

I mean, dang, I actually thought I had seen all possible RIFLE, CAL. .30, M1 malfunctions! But no, I learned yet another way to screw up loading Mr. Garand's wonderful invention today. And how to fix it! I met my personal goal today, which I hope to achieve for every day of my life, as long as the LORD allows it to last: Learn something every day!

22lrfan, stewbaby, SubGunFan and 2 others like this.
  14. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

Spent a bunch of quality time with these guys late morning cleaning & doing PM. My office area smells great, no idea why the w*fe insists I keep the doors closed. I mean, who needs Febreeze when you have Hoppe's No. 9 and Lubriplate?
    IMG_1451.JPG

Trailboss, HotRod61, fordpkup and 2 others like this.