Feb '42 Springfield, '53 & '54 IHC's.

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a chance to buy one that is an H&R with a serial number in the last block, but it doesn't show the year in the chart. I have no idea how much it is worth or how much to offer.

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CMP is currently selling Service Grades for $730. Unless the one you are looking at is in superior condition or some type rarity .... I would not pay more than I can get a Service Grande from CMP ... Need a lot more info in order to give you some advise.

You can start here:

How to pick out a CMP Garand

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks cap, I'm kinda over my head with this. I may pm you to take a quick look at it if you don't mind. I know almost nothing about them. I've just always wanted one.

·
Too get there first with the most
848 Posts
I am looking at a garand with ser# starting at 7107658 could anyone tell me about one with that late of number its in a blue and white springfield armory box what am I looking at all help appreciated

·
Premium Member
10,586 Posts
I am looking at a garand with ser# starting at 7107658 could anyone tell me about one with that late of number its in a blue and white springfield armory box what am I looking at all help appreciated
Is that the ser# on reciever,who made it : Win, SA, IH etc.

·
Premium Member
10,586 Posts
Have you looked on sites in above post, I glanced thru, but didn't see any reference to Ser# that high.
Check with Capt 03 : author of this thread.

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
NOT USGI !!! Commercial clone of the Garand made by Springfield, INC and NOT Springfield Armory. The ones I have seen were WAY overpriced for what they are ...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts