Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SOCOM has always had a crappy trigger and the other day I pulled it out to clean and grease it and noticed that the two prongs that make up the sear were not the same and one would contact the disconnect when the trigger was pulled. So I stoned it just enough to make both sides the same. I've always heard Springfield triggers were not the best. After I put it back together the trigger was MUCH better! I have not shot it yet, hope it functions!

J.B.

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,588 Posts
Huh! I love the trigger on mine, it's smooth, crisp, and light. Guess I got lucky.

I wish the trigger on my Sig AR was as good as the ones on my SOCOM, Mini-14, Ruger Gunsite Scout, and Marlin Guide Gun.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Huh! I love the trigger on mine, it's smooth, crisp, and light. Guess I got lucky.

I wish the trigger on my Sig AR was as good as the ones on my SOCOM, Mini-14, Ruger Gunsite Scout, and Marlin Guide Gun.
Brimstone Gunsmith made their name with 10/22 trigger jobs. Now they are doing the same with the Mini 14. $55.00 will get you a fine trigger for your Ruger Mini: Ruger Mini Trigger Work

·
Death is Preferable to Communism.
163 Posts
My friend's SOCOM is a newer model and came standard with a USGI trigger group. My older 2002 M1A came with a commercial trigger group. The commercial on mine breaks very smooth, while his SOCOM breaks much more roughly. Not sure if that might be an issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for posting. My Springfield trigger is horrible and maybe this will help if my sear is as you described.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts