Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about purchasing either a Socom 16 or Scout squad, does any members have any shooting experience with either of these.

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,588 Posts
Loved my Socom before the boating accident. Would love to have a Squad too. If I had it to do over, I would have bought the Squad.

Reactions: 7557

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,588 Posts
Both posts above are accurate and very good reasons to buy a Squad.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'm partial to the squad length. Be sure and give LRB arms and Fulton Armory a look if the budget allows. I will add the E2 flashhiders will not fit the scout length the folding screw block thingy hits the gas cylinder. Also the fake "fun buttons" that have the full linkage will not fit the Fulton receivers as they are too wide. Not sure about LRB and Springfield. and yes I know the sling is on backwards in this pic.

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,588 Posts
Why would anybody want a fake fun button? Never mind, I was thinking all M1A buyers had good taste.

·
Premium Member
2,817 Posts
Back in the day I fired many thousands of rounds through an M1A/NM M14 and I have a special affinity for the weapon. I realize that for many the M1A is rather "out of style", hefty, sturdy enough to use as a very daunting, effective club if needed and accurate enough to deliver a very reliable, accurate field of fire. Having had the full size weapons, I have often though about getting the Scout length and perhaps one day I will. It still has a long enough barre not to give up a lot of velocity, and still use GI parts on the front end. The SOCOM also has its attraction as well - i guess it all depends on the personal taste of the individual.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I own a MIA NM and my buddy has a SOCOM 16. I will say the muzzle break on the SOCOM is quite nice in reduction of recoil and muzzle rise with rapid fire. You can EASILY chop a tree down FAST...lol. The SOCOM also has tritium night sites.

·
Waffennarr
8,878 Posts
The link to the last Magnolia R&P match in which someone fired a SOCOM is corrupted due to Photobucket; but IIRC he fired a 145/500. And this was an experienced F-Class shooter. Other than SpecOps who want a .30 cal for use at extreme close range I am of the opinion that this is diminishing the capabilities of an excellent .30 caliber platform. Just my humble opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts