close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Made a bench block

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Sam T Morgan, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Sam T Morgan

Sam T Morgan Distinguished Poster

Drew this up and printed it out the other day in PETG (What they make coke bottles out of)
    100mmOD, 30mm tall. (3.94" x 1.18") Feels indestructible to me and a whole 1kg roll of PETG only costs $30 so I'm way ahead on buying one. :cool: dec28b6d0c3bdf79cf1252abf336efca_preview_featured.jpg

Soonered, Cliff731, CajunBP and 9 others like this.
  2. onlymaroonmatters

onlymaroonmatters Eat Sleep Jeep & Guns MSGO Supporter

Laurel
    Man that's awesome. I'd love to have one of those fancy 3D printer thingys.

3. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    Sam we could use your CAD skills. Rhino 5 3D is killing us. We're struggling to draw flat stuff

Soonered likes this.
  4. Sam T Morgan

Man I've forgotten most of what I used to know when I was playing with "real" CAD like AutoCAD and PTC Prodesktop. All I really use for now is TinkerCAD. Haven't found the time to sit down and learn myself up on FreeCAD yet. Never had any dealings with Rhino.

Soonered likes this.
  5. Sam T Morgan

They definitely have their uses. Even made barrel vise bushing, going to see how that works. May not have to buy aluminum tube next time I need one.

Soonered likes this.
  6. DEADEYE 1

DEADEYE 1 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I bought a green nylon bench block from Brownells several years back. I never imagined how much that I would use it. I mostly punch pins out with it but sometimes I just need something to level up a gun on the table while drilling or putting screws in.I have made wood jigs for working on stocks, but when I grab a brass hammer and steel punch, I have to have my bench block. Have fun..

Soonered likes this.
  7. DieselDoc

DieselDoc Distinguished Poster

Ya know ya can buy hockey pucks at Academy for less than 2 bux. Or online for even less. Have a bunch to give friends for presents!