Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where I can find a replacement box removable clip magazine for the Savage Axis-30-06. I checked several places online. I am going to check Wolf Gun Springs next.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
25,653 Posts

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got lucky, I put the one on EBAY in a hold cart. Then I did some searching around at one of my sites for older and some newer parts. They sell a generic internal magazine accordion type spring for a couple dollars. So I brought the rifle in my house tonight and played with the box magazine. I thought that it was pressure fitted at the factory and might not come apart. I finally found the sweet spot and squeezed it and pulled the body of the mag up away from the floor plate and it came apart. I figured no need to order a spring if I could not take it apart. I took that spring and stretched it a little and snapped it back together. Works like a charm sliding the cartridge into the chamber. So I am going to order a couple of those springs and try to rebuild the magazine. I have nothing to lose and 40 dollars is 40 dollars can be a profit or loss. If it does not work, I will still have the springs and can order a new magazine later.Post a pic later. Thanks for the good information.

Reactions: Vanmoo
1 - 5 of 5 Posts