Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MRPC SW 586 Revolver.jpg

Since I am going to be moving in a few months, I went through some of my guns to pick out the ones I will sell first. And NO this one is not in the "sale pile" (unless you have DEEP pockets).

I thought I would share the story on these guns if IRC. Back in 1985, a gentleman named Wayne Myers was President of Magnolia. Wayne was a salesman by trade and a very "people person". Magnolia R&P Club turned 30 years old. Wayne contacted Smith&Wesson and had 12 of these guns made. When he announced these I wanted one bad. But the price was $600. A brand new regular 586 went for under $300 at the time. So I didn't get one then. I think he had a hard time selling all 12 at first. Fast forward to a few years ago. A member here put this gun up for sale and I jumped on it. And yes, I paid a LOT more than $600 for it. I am not one to have collector guns that "can't" be fired. But I do have one....... this one.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Thanks for sharing Mr. Dan. I didn't know Magnolia ever did things like this. I have an identical 586, but it's the MS Law Enforcement Officers Association commemortive. Mine hasnt been fired either. I will say having a gun and not shooting it is difficult. A gun you don't shoot is just an expensive paper weight.

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,480 Posts
Thanks for sharing Mr. Dan. I didn't know Magnolia ever did things like this. I have an identical 586, but it's the MS Law Enforcement Officers Association commemortive. Mine hasnt been fired either. I will say having a gun and not shooting it is difficult. A gun you don't shoot is just an expensive paper weight.
Now that's one I'd pay a premium for.

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,480 Posts

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,498 Posts
...A member here put this gun up for sale and I jumped on it. And yes, I paid a LOT more than $600 for it. I am not one to have collector guns that "can't" be fired. But I do have one....... this one.

Ain't no "prolly" deal here about it... that one would be a bona fide and genuine "safe queen" at my house!!! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts