close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Marlin 1895LTD 45-70 Half Octagonal/Half Round Barrel

Discussion in 'Sold' started by O.S.O.K., May 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. O.S.O.K.

O.S.O.K. Distinguished Poster

This is a Marlin (made many years before Remington took them over) 1895LTD with 24" 1/2 Octagonal and 1/2 Round Barrel. It has an Ashley Outdoors aperture sight installed (full adjustable). The tang is d&t for a Marbles tang sight which I can include for $50 extra. 8 round magazine tube. The rifle is in very good condition with perfect bore - it does have light handling marks on the stock and receiver as I've used this for hunting for several seasons. It has the Ballard rifling, not microgroove and shoots cast and jacketed bullets equally well. Has sling swivels installed as well. $800 firm. I hate to sell this but must. There were only 1000 made. Davidson's special order. Must be MS resident, FTF with copy of MS DL. Cash only. PM me for questions and to make arrangements.[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Soonered

Soonered Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Someone better jump on this. Wish I could.

3. patchz

patchz Court Jester

:yeah:

4. Vick

Vick Distinguished Poster

Fine looking rifle! I wasn't aware that they had ever made a 1/2 round barrel in the last 100 years or so!

5. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

From my reading it seems they made these from 1997 until 2000.

6. BasMstr

BasMstr Distinguished Poster

Fine looking rifle. Sure does suck being poor.

7. O.S.O.K.

Tell me about it... I'm starting a new job tomorrow and tried to quit my other job but my boss refused! Said to keep going part time. I like him so will stick with them and work evenings. I did a quick survey of local accounts that could buy the service for the new company before accepting the new job - was positive so I'm going for it. This is strictly a daytime thing so will work with my other job.

Please include me in your prayers!

SmokingIsh, Soonered, maxhush and 2 others like this.
  8. O.S.O.K.

By the way, this was the 126th unit made. I think the 24" barrel is much handier than the 26" they have on the cowboy model and gives more velocity than the shorter barrels in addition to sight radius. This is a great hog gun!

9. blkout

blkout Distinguished Poster

Byram, MS
    It is a beautiful gun, will be keeping you in my prayers.

10. O.S.O.K.

11. O.S.O.K.

12. Soonered

Soonered Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

With this being an LTD can't believe someone hasn't jumped on this...drool

13. O.S.O.K.

bump still available!

14. stidgun

stidgun Distinguished Poster

Nice rifle. The forend scuffs is another good excuse to tell a wife why you don't wear the wedding ring.
    price of rifle still firm?

15. O.S.O.K.