Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is one of the coolest handgun I've ever seen. It was one of the only auto-revolvers ever produced. It was originally produced in italy by the mateba company.It had the option of being chambered in .357 magnum, .44 magnum, and .454 casull. The main version was the Mateba model 6 Unica. You also had the option of interchangeable barrels ranging from 3inch all the way to 8 inches. If that wasnt enough you could equip a fore and butt stock to transform it to the 18 inch barrel Mateba Grifone that was available in .357 Magnum and .44 Magnum chamberings.A version in .454 Casull was available which also allowed .45 Long Colt ammunition to be fired. Just thought I'd post something different and unusual.
[/img]
[/img]

Video added by Moderator (Captain-03)
[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/VR26h-7ZBCM" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
Looks like a BIG Revolver...put on a Thompson Contender frame with a compensator added....

Interesting...have never seen anything like that!

·
Super Moderator
9,487 Posts
These guns are really cool me and my dad looked at these very hard befor decideing on getting a Wildey. If I remember right the Mateba was designed off of a pistol in a cartoon

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The coolest thing to me is how the barrel is in line with the bullet at the bottom of the cylinder. They say is helps reduce the recoil

1 - 11 of 11 Posts