Mississippi Gun Owners banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
@Caleb C , let me know if you'd like to try a couple Dan Wesson 9mm commanders ( no bobtail though) and Government 9 & 45's, DW's and Colts. May can even talk Jabo into going with us.

I've been on the lookout for the DW Guardian (bobtail) as I have a Vigil & Valkyrie plus a couple full size Government Valor's. IMO, you won't go wrong with Dan Wesson 9mm, especially pre 2020 made.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
@Caleb C , let me know if you'd like to try a couple Dan Wesson 9mm commanders ( no bobtail though) and Government 9 & 45's, DW's and Colts. May can even talk Jabo into going with us.

I've been on the lookout for the DW Guardian (bobtail) as I have a Vigil & Valkyrie plus a couple full size Government Valor's. IMO, you won't go wrong with Dan Wesson 9mm, especially pre 2020 made.

I may just take you up on that if time allows. Thats a very generous offer.

Would you consider the DW pistols to be suitable hard use tools? Are magazines readily available?

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
My stable. All of them have never had a misfeed or malfunction, knock on wood. The Tisas (bottom) has become my "go-to" just because it's so plain, basic GI, forged steel, Series 70s, save for the slightly lowered ejection port, which is a good feature. I have owned Springfield Armory GI model and it was also great, but for the price, I consider the Tisas just as good quality, and a better bargain. Unless you have a thing about Turkish versus Philippine...
I realize the OP asked about 9mm but the .45ACP is so ubiquitous, so easy for parts, magazines, etc. that I think it has the advantage. Also the recoil impulse of the .45ACP vs. that of the 9mm NATO round is, in my experience, much more manageable. There is a big difference.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Everybody knows 38 Super is the caliber God and John Moses Browning intended for the 1911. Well, everybody but @rigrat. :p
Nope, .38 Super really became popular in countries that have laws prohibiting civilian ownership of military calibers. It wasn't even seriously considered as accurate enough in the 1911A1 for competition until Irv Stone ("Bar-Sto" barrels) made barrels that would support the headspacing on the case mouth. Of course now it's a favorite in race guns and John Wick I mean action pistol competitions, but I digress. ;)
.45 ACP is the raison d'etre ( my apoligies for the French, St. John Moses Browning, but you did so much work with FN, I assumed you won't mind too much...) for the 1911 and then the 1911A1. Go with it.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Nope, .38 Super really became popular in countries that have laws prohibiting civilian ownership of military calibers. It wasn't even seriously considered as accurate enough in the 1911A1 for competition until Irv Stone ("Bar-Sto" barrels) made barrels that would support the headspacing on the case mouth. Of course now it's a favorite in race guns and John Wick I mean action pistol competitions, but I digress. ;)
.45 ACP is the raison d'etre ( my apoligies for the French, St. John Moses Browning, but you did so much work with FN, I assumed you won't mind too much...) for the 1911 and then the 1911A1. Go with it.
Mayhaps you disn't hear me...

Cat Carnivore Felidae Whiskers Fawn

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
11,947 Posts
preach

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,893 Posts
Everybody knows 38 Super is the caliber God and John Moses Browning intended for the 1911. Well, everybody but @rigrat. :p
Hah, If that had been the caliber that God and John Browning intended he wouldn't have made it in 45 to begin with.
But hey your delusion can be treated with counseling. ;) :LOL:

21 - 40 of 71 Posts