Mississippi Gun Owners banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Any of y’all have experience with the Taylor’s & Company 1911s? They are an Armscor product, so I would guess they are on par with RIA/Citadel.
I don't, but I'm curious if that's the same company that imports Uberti SA Army Colt replicas? I believe that's what the local gun shop has. Seems like "Taylor" was part of the mfg / importer name, been a few weeks since I looked at it.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
23,786 Posts
I don't, but I'm curious if that's the same company that imports Uberti SA Army Colt replicas? I believe that's what the local gun shop has. Seems like "Taylor" was part of the mfg / importer name, been a few weeks since I looked at it.
Ubertis are imported by Stoeger(both owned by Beretta) , Taylor & Company and Cimarron Arms Firearms.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
23,786 Posts
So Taylor & Company is a part of Beretta?
No, Beretta just owns Stoeger and Uberti. Taylor and Cimarron just import Uberti pistols too and sell under their names.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I don't need a race gun or a blingy custom. I'm just looking for reputable reliability that's not made in Turkey or South America. It must be a dependable shooter.
I have yet to find one completely reliable. I’ve bought some at over 1k price range. Just find one you like and go shoot it. Don’t give up on it if it jams. Find a good gunsmith and get her tuned up. Look up how to properly break a 1911 in. Last one I bought was a colt competition and it was a dud out the box. Jammed every other round with 3 brands of ammo. Took it back to the gun shop and had to argue with them for acting like it was an ammo issue. My buddy the gunsmith walks out when he heard me getting loud and checked it out. He said the dimpled feed ramp never worked so he fixed that. Then he found the mag release had a bur on it and was scratching my mags and bending my feed lips. He fixed everything so I went and fired 400rnds through it and then it was flawless afterwards.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Oh, ok. Looking at some videos on YouTube, the Taylor 1911s look pretty solid, much like the RIA. I’m looking for one myself. Leaning toward Tisas GI, but this Taylor is a possibility now.
You're welcome to try my Tisas if the time & place is convenient for both of us. I got mine from Centerfire, transferred locally. By the time I paid the local transfer fee it cost me right at $500. Glad I have it.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts