Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Nice. Dale was partners with Larry Horton on Shady lane. Discount hunting and fishing.

·
Premium Member
15,683 Posts
I’ll take 1000$ worth of those 971 Rossi!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Dale owned that shopping center. It's my understanding Hunt and Whitaker broke their lease. Ticked Dale off so Discount came into existence. He decided to put H & W out of business.

·
Premium Member
15,087 Posts
I still kick myself for never going to his shop. I bought some ammo from him at gunshows. Like 1000rd of Wolf 7.62x39 for $75.

·
Morte
4,379 Posts
Surplus 7.62x39 ammo was $40 a thousand if you bought by the pallet. Had to go to his house to pick it up though.
I bought several SKS, a few of the Rossi 62 pump .22s, along with misc other stuff from him

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We bought a MAK-90 from him at his place in Raymond, I think around 1995-96. I’d love to have some of those Norinco’s and Maadi’s at those prices when they were considered junk guns and now they’re top dollar.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
11,473 Posts
We bought a MAK-90 from him at his place in Raymond, I think around 1995-96. I’d love to have some of those Norinco’s and Maadi’s at those prices when they were considered junk guns and now they’re top dollar.
same
I’m getting emails about “deals” on dracos for like $1k or more. Crazy. Glad I got mine while the gettin was good ha

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I went to his shop so many times, ammo and so many AB10 for $99.00 when i had my ffl. He ask me to run the tables at the guns shows for him cause the ammo was getting so heavy. I wish i had not turn that down. Who know where that would have lead to. I always treated me fair.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Enjoyed many visits to his place near Raymond..... interesting fellow. I usually went in the back way through the gate with the Reptile Farm sign.
I miss both Dale and Larry

Reactions: rc

·
Registered
668 Posts
I just love how those super crap SKS accessories haven't changed in all these years and are still available numerous places. Sure would be nice to snatch up some of those guns at those prices still though...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I worked there for several years. We would order in the 150 of the stainless Rossi .38's and 100 of the blue Rossi .38's at a time. Those $89 SKS's came in crates of 21 and cost us about $61 each. He was buds with Val Forgette (now deceased) who did a lot of importing. Dale was for sure a character. Lots of stories out there about him.

·
Premium Member
15,683 Posts
Damn sure sucks to love guns these days. It sure makes you pay! Lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts