Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
I take it there will be NO Glock residing in that bag? :lol:

G

·
My range bag is the rear half of my 4-runner and carrys target frames to hammer and nails plus enough shooting accessories for two people, guns and bullets included.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
I have that exact bag and it is not big enough. I got one from Midway thats much larger and must be careful to not load it down too much or it'd be to heavy to tote. Academy has a really nice bag for 60bucks and it is same size as the one I use now. I know several people who have it and all seem to like it.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SGMJody said:
My range bag is the rear half of my 4-runner and carrys target frames to hammer and nails plus enough shooting accessories for two people, guns and bullets included.
Well, I'm just talking about the range bag. You really don't want me to get started talking about everything I tote out to the range!!

·
Administrator
13,029 Posts
I've got the midwayusa comp bag and like gunny said if you fill it up it's very heavy.

Nice bag btw.

G

·
I have two Bob Allen range bags that I use. Each one has two fold-over pistol protectors and are large enough to carry the essentials such as eyewear, muffs, holster, screwdrivers and allen wrenches. I bought some pistol bags from Midway a few months ago that have a lsrge pistol pouch, seven magazine puches and two small pouches. For less than ten bucks they are a good deal.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
I got a different box for BlackPowder stuff just like a different one for rimfire stuff and then I carry my cleaning kit/tool box for guns, which is one of those big ole plastic tool boxes from WW.
Tools of the Trade I guess.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You actually have a specific bag you carry to the range? If it won't fit on the front seat of my truck, I don't need to take it.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I was going to pimp my bag since I love it but the company that made it, Norris Topstitch went away after the owner retired. Bummer. I contacted the company that sold it to me at the Jackson Gun Show many years ago and she said these folks have a similar bag although it's $10 more than what I paid years ago, for quality you only cry once. My bag is big enough!

http://wrbusa.com/rangebag13.html

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
IT’S GROWIN’ LIKE MOPSY!!
I guess I might as well continue to bare all. I’ve made another addition to my range bag – a Mini MagLite.

Say, what?

Well, let me give you a little background. If you look at my 8/9/10 posting to the thread, “Ruger 22 /45 pistol”, I related a problem with the rear sight.
See at: http://www.msgunowners.com/rimfire-f27/ruger-22-45-pistol-t4464-20.htm

The plan was, once I got the rear sight in place and anchored down, I’d take some solitary quiet time at the range to rerun the 22/45 and reset the rear sight. Finally got the opportunity a week or so ago to put the final touches to it.

Was a bright and sunny morning. I was sitting at the bench in the shade of the cover. I found that the contrast between shade and bright sun made fine adjustment to the windage and elevation screws a bit difficult (it might have helped a little bit if I’d taken my sunglasses off, but who can think of everything!). At the time I thought a small high-intensity light would have helped.

Then this past Tuesday while at the range I wanted to take a look into the action of a pistol for some reason I can’t recall. Again, the shade/sunlight contrast (and sunglasses?) made it difficult to impossible to see down into the action. And, to make things worse, as I was twisting and turning that handgun around, trying to get a little sunlight in, I happened to notice out of the corner of my eye, that I was getting some pretty strange looks and folks were beginning to disperse (okay, okay, that’s an exaggeration, of course). Again, having a small high-intensity light would have helped.

So, I came home, scratched up a Mini MagLite and have dropped it into my range bag.

You can add that to the list I posted above.

By the way, I had asked above, “What’s In Your Range Bag”. I had hoped we might get a little more play. Never happened. Oh well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts