For Sale/Trade MEC 600 Reloader - Captain's

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Soonered, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Soonered

Soonered Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Up for sale is a Mec 600 jr, not exactly sure which model. From reading the internet, bet I can tell this is a 82-85 model but not sure. This is Captain's old reloader I was going to use for a 20 gauge reloader. While it is in working order, it needs lots of elbow grease to clean it up. It has light rust on most of the relaoder and parts. The base has some heavy rust that needs to be sandblasted or scrubbed heavity with a wire brush...I'd vote sandblasting because I'm lazy. I cleaned a bunch of the rust off the die parts by soaking and scrubbing in vinegar so I could get a better look at them. It appears to have all the 12 gauge die parts but I've got one of those already. It has parts for 10 gauge and 20 as well. It is missing some 20 gauge parts and by the time I' buy them, put all the time in it to clean it up it just isn't worth my time. Can't speak to if it has all the 10 gauge parts. It does have a bunch of shot bars which may be worth buying the reloader just for those: 7/8, 1, 1 1/8, 1 1/4, 1 1/2, 2 and a steel bar. You can see all the bars in the pics except for the 1 1/8 which is in the loader. There is one powder bushing in the bar in the loader but don't know what it is.

This would make a good reloader to rebuild and set up for a dedicated slug or buckshot machine.

$50 OBO. The funds will go to Captain's family.
    Location is in Madison

056.JPG 057.JPG 058.JPG 059.JPG

Quickeye likes this.
  2. Ppoole84

Ppoole84 Distinguished Poster

How many parts is it missing for 10 ga

3. Soonered

Not sure, has the die, crimp, plate for the base and some other parts. Not sure what all the parts are that have to be changed. I think you will need a new drop tube unless you are handy. It has two metal ones but they are bent in the funnel area. They could be reformed by someone better than me at that stuff. Or you can buy a new one as that part is cheap.

4. Soonered

Someone make an offer hear. GTG for 12 gauge, or if you need shot bars or spare parts.

5. Soonered

Someone make an offer here. This is a good project for a 12 gauge has other parts as well. This would make a good slug setup with some elbow grease. There are 7 shot bars for MEC none progressive presses. The shot bars alone are worth some $$$.

All funds paid go to captain's family.

Quickeye likes this.
  6. Soonered

This thing found a home...please close

7. Soonered

This thing found a home...please close