close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

MEDICAID!!!!

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by mascott, Dec 6, 2017 at 5:28 PM.

1. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

You tell me why in the HE!! we need a medicAID program if a 70 y/o DOWNS syndrome male has been turned down!!!! He no longer has any money as we have had to pay the Nursing home all of it. ALL paper work has been submitted and should be NO issue but yet they keep sending letters stating they don't have all the information even though they DO have the information. I have to meet with these.....I be nice......IDIOTS again, for the 5th time, again tomorrow! LAST 2 times I met with them they assured me they had everything needed to proceed. They don't seem to realize, I have kept even piece of paper and scrap and ALL correspondence from them since day 1. THIS IS BEYOND RIDICULOUS!!!! You can't tell me that everyone who applies has this much trouble. If a 70y/o Downs syndrome with NOTHING and NO close relatives can't receive medicAID then NO-ONE should receive it! This is beyond them just doing it for job security.

2. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

Change his name to Jose' and it will go right through.

:warning:

Blondie70 likes this.

3. mascott

I'm afraid you are all to correct!!

LeansVeryRight2016 and Cliff731 like this.
  4. Cliff731

Cliff731 Danged ole' Hermit...

It's part of the great bureaucratic agency plan... to wear you down with constant delay and need of more information... :(

5. mascott

Yeah, I bet it is. But I guarandamtee you it doesn't happen to others!!!

Cliff731 likes this.
  6. bubbat

bubbat Gate Keeper to my corner of Hell

Clinton
    Maybe because of the cuts to Medicaid, Gov Bryant ordered a couple of years ago?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 6:26 PM
  7. mascott

MedicAID. But seriously 70 y/o Downs syndrome?? With nothing?? No assets?

Cliff731 likes this.
  8. patchz

patchz Court Jester

Yes it does. I ran into the very same thing with my aunt that had dementia. She ran out of money and the nursing home was wanting to kick her out. I had to give them the same documents three times. Part of the problem is the individual Medicaid employee you deal with. Some are better than others. We ran into the same thing again with my Mom but for reasons I won't go into here, we got a lawyer involved. From then on it was smooth sailing.

LeansVeryRight2016 and Cliff731 like this.
  9. bubbat

bubbat Gate Keeper to my corner of Hell

Clinton
    Typo on the medicare/medicaid
    Seems like it would be easier to get the elderly enrolled.
    We tried years ago with my grandmother and wife's grandmother and never got either them on medicaid.

10. Cliff731

Medicare is all Federal gubbermit... Medicaid is all State of MS administered... and that one is very "politically" influenced. Just saying.

Mascott... start complaining to your State House of Representatives person for your MS HR District. Wear their phone out... and load their snail mail box up with paper correspondence... and their e-mail box with the electronic kind too. Pay them a face to face visit if you can track them down.

11. If he was an illegal alien, spoke only Spanish, wore 4-5 gold chains around his neck and drove a new $80K pickup, he would qualify automatically for financial assistance (Medicaid).

The people you are dealing with should have been fired long ago for incompetence, but as government employees, they are for all practical purposes un-fireable

Blondie70 likes this.
  12. Cliff731

One of the only competent State of MS Medicaid employees that I ever knew from my past work eventually "jumped ship" and went to work for the Federal gubbermit's Social Security Administration!!!

patchz likes this.