Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm headed to Memphis to help my son move and there just happens to be a gun show there this weekend. Does anyone know if it's a decent show and worth going to?

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Wheew sir you are a much much braver man than I if you go anywhere near a gun show in Memphis!

·
Super Moderator
8,231 Posts
Only been to Memphis once, on a vacation in 2008. Toured the Gibson guitar factory, Sun Studios, did the whole "Graceland" thing, enjoyed hot wings and a refreshing beverage at BB King's joint on Beale Street. It was a nice time.

That said, I've always shied away from out-of-state gun shows, as I'm really more partial to handguns than I am long guns, and most folks can't sell a handgun to someone from out-of-state.

Reactions: 7557 and jakeg823

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've been to one at shelby farms a few months back. Lots of parts, magazines, ammo for sale. Good selection of firearms, but seemed to be ar15 heavy.

Pretty good crowd. sometimes hard to walk.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Did you make it to the Memphis show?

·
Premium Member
13,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope. The weekend didn't work out quite like I had planned. Wife went with me. Didn't make it to the gun show or get to stop at a single pawn shop. :(

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Ok, was just curious, hadn’t went to a Memphis show in a few years. You probably didn’t miss anything at the pawn shops.

·
Premium Member
13,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't mind missing the gun show but I really hated to miss all the pawn shops. Some of my best picks have been found sitting in a corner or in the back of a rack in a pawn shop.

Reactions: oldguns

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Most of the Memphis pawn shops don’t even sell guns. The ones that do usually want new prices for used modern guns.

Reactions: 22lrfan

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went to several pawn shops in the last three weeks and bought a S&W model 49. That's the only older revolver they had. Weasles in Nesbit MS had several older Smith's and Southern Guns in Nesbit had a case full. I didn't look at the prices since I had just bought one. If you goto Memphis be careful I grew up in the area and it's gotten really bad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts