Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been playing with a few wallet designs since early spring and finally came up with something to my liking. It's compact so there isn't much to weigh a pocket down, with 4 card pockets that hold 2 cards each and a main cash pocket. Anticipate pricing right at $60 shipped upon release. Please PM me if you have interest in this  :drink:

Thoughts & opinions welcomed this is my most recent prototype!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Just a thought... I like the basic design, but I prefer my wallet to have some sort of lining (nylon, etc.) as it seems to help with wear and tear on credit cards, business cards, and other things that I might put in there.  I know it's usually the lining that wears out first so it might make the wallet less durable in the long run... but it's my personal preference.  Others may differ.

John

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
As is... I like it but I couldn't do it.

I like to have a horizontal slots behind each vertical card slot. That's where I keep my fishing/hunting license and a couple business cards. I also would like t have with one full sized "deep" slot on one side the two (maybe three) card slots on the other side.

As for the nylon lining I have seen some different types of waxes that could maybe be used to coat the surfaces of the parts that conacf the contents.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Looks like a nice prototype for wallet type folk. I know the quality is there because I'm familiar with your work. I, however, am not a wallet guy. Just don't like stuff in my back pocket. I carry a front pocket style.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the words folks. Regarding linings, from my playing I look at them like a well made holster. The fit is more important than the material as the more they move the more they are going to wear. It would also decrease long term durability.

Used to keep a really fat wallet but have been perpetually downsizing for the past few years. Kind of like guns there are a million designs to fit each personally taste.

This one is small enough to ride in a front pocket but I've just got too much other stuff in them to add a wallet to the package. One of the challenges of pocket carry is where to put the rest of your stuff!

·
Waffennarr
8,838 Posts
Eaglestroker said:
This one is small enough to ride in a front pocket but I've just got too much other stuff in them to add a wallet to the package. One of the challenges of pocket carry is where to put the rest of your stuff!
Travelling a lot in Europe will make you a front pocket wallet man. So for the other stuff? I strongly recommend Vertx tactical pants. No velcro, lots of pockets. I wear them almost every day to w*rk, they look as good as dress pants. Front pockets are large enough to conceal a 1911.
Don't want to give any free advertising, send a PM and I'll give you my source for purchasing these pants.
Looking forward to trying out this wallet Rob!

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scharfschütze said:
Eaglestroker said:
Travelling a lot in Europe will make you a front pocket wallet man. So for the other stuff? I strongly recommend Vertx tactical pants. No velcro, lots of pockets. I wear them almost every day to w*rk, they look as good as dress pants. Front pockets are large enough to conceal a 1911.
Don't want to give any free advertising, send a PM and I'll give you my source for purchasing these pants.
Hey Phillip, I don't think I'd have a pistol, 20 shop keys, or even my truck keys in the pockets if I were in Europe either :) I'll have to give a look at those pants though.

The final prototype was finished over the weekend and I've been bad about getting a few photos of it. Think this will be pretty popular, especially if I get some cool stuff done on the outside.

·
Waffennarr
8,838 Posts
Eaglestroker said:
Scharfschütze said:
Eaglestroker said:
Hey Phillip, I don't think I'd have a pistol, 20 shop keys, or even my truck keys in the pockets if I were in Europe either :) I'll have to give a look at those pants though.

The final prototype was finished over the weekend and I've been bad about getting a few photos of it. Think this will be pretty popular, especially if I get some cool stuff done on the outside.

I forgot to point out one of the best features of those pants: they have a zippered security pocket in the right front pocket. Good for securing your wallet, passport, etc.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got my wallet in the mail yesterday. Its a great piece. Its so slim and light I kept feeling my pocket thinking it had fallen out.. If anyone wants a solid wallet this is it.. Thanks Buddy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts