Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here’s the link to preview the M1 Carbines that MidwayUSA purchased. These are WWII vintage carbines that were given to Italy to arm their state police after the war. Most were mothballed in the early 50’s.

I have to say that these prices are beyond my means at this time. But I’m more worried that these prices will only serve to increase the existing, and arguably inflated, prices on M1 Carbines.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
38,417 Posts
Always wanted a M1 carbine, just never could justify the price.

Reactions: 2A_1791 and maxhush

·
Registered
96 Posts
Crazy bucks for these things. However, they're not making any more.
Put in a "notify me" for the Rockola, IBM, National Postal Meter, Underwood and Saginaw in fine condition.
Apparently, I hate having money......

·
Senior Curmudgeon
667 Posts
In 10 years, these prices will look cheap in Weimar Notgeld marks Biden/Harris Democrat dollars.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
38,417 Posts
In 10 years, these prices will look cheap in Weimar Notgeld marks Biden/Harris Democrat dollars.
LOL, in 10 years these and all firearms will be melted down and used to make inefficient windmill parts.:eek:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well it is official, I will never own one of these guns due to price. Although I think they have a cool factor, I dont know what I would do with one if I had it. Kind of like the .17HMR I had.

·
Premium Member
6,311 Posts
High prices? Apparently not to a few thousand people...they are all gone! Still, I'll agree, way to high to me for a import stamped one.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
38,417 Posts
Well the world is pretty stupid now days. and filled with allot of stupid people.

Reactions: HeNNmike89

·
Registered
204 Posts
I logged in at 8:15 and got a National Postal Meter one in very good condition. I had the option when I placed the order for a bayonet mount and chose not to get one of those. They did not come with any magazines so I ordered a couple of surplus ones from Brownells in the wax paper wrappings.
All of the carbines that I've looked at on auction sites are going for a bit more than the Midway units.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,851 Posts
Universal M1's are selling for $800-1000 on Gunbroker.

Reactions: onlymaroonmatters

·
Registered
204 Posts
But a Universal is not a mil surp, all of the Midway Carbines came from the European theater of operations.
If you want to make a comparison, a Universal is like a Sig P320 compared to a M17 surplus.

·
Registered
204 Posts
OK, I took delivery of the Carbine that I bought from Midway. It was manufactured by National Postal Meter in October, 1943, one of 45,000 carbines built in October and November of that year. The barrel was made by Underwood in September, 1943 and has the Ordnance Department flaming bomb stamped on it. All of the metal parts have a coating of cosmoline smeared all over. The stock has the Ordnance Department crossed cannons cartouche stamped on the right side just forward of the sling slot.
All of the installed components are marked correctly for an as build Carbine except for the rear sight. The original had the flip type 1, and this Carbine has the sliding 300 yard sight.
There are no importation markings on the Carbine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts