Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Well that was painful to watch but not surprising. I am curious if he’d used one of the old sloppy govt issue guns if it would have performed better. My guess is it would’ve been a significant improvement.

·
Registered
10,823 Posts
I agree I have not had any issues with my ww2 1911gov. Once I added some sights a barrel bushing and did a trigger job it now shoot 5rd 4 leaf clovers at 10 yds but is still reliable as ever. Never had any experience with a series 80 and don’t really have any desire to.

·
Registered
15,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do a video on 70 series
I don’t think a 70s series would make a difference, as there are 70s series still produced. It would need to be a more sloppily fit model most likely.

Maybe some grit did get into the series 80 safety, but that wasn’t the source of the problem here.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,507 Posts
Should have had a Glock.....:rolleyes:

Reactions: jakeg823

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,507 Posts
Reactions: Canman

·
Registered
10,823 Posts
I don’t think a 70s series would make a difference, as there are 70s series still produced. It would need to be a more sloppily fit model most likely.

Maybe some grit did get into the series 80 safety, but that wasn’t the source of the problem here.
I was just marking the point of doing his own video testing if he didn’t like it. There were several variable in the test above that were not specified. Was it a new gun? If so was it broken in? If it was well used did it have new springs? If not, that could explain some of the issues he had in the video.

·
Registered
15,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was just marking the point of doing his own video testing if he didn’t like it. There were several variable in the test above that were not specified. Was it a new gun? If so was it broken in? If it was well used did it have new springs? If not, that could explain some of the issues he had in the video.
He explains most of those in his other test videos. I can’t remember if he puts 500 or 1k through each gun before testing, but it’s possible that’s a gun that he already owned, so it could potentially have more. So far every gun I’ve seen him put through the test he has been bought new and he has “broken in” because viewers were complaining when he would put a brand new gun with no rounds through that test.

The guy loves 1911s, so I’m pretty sure he gave it a fair shake and did what he felt would be best to keep everything equal with the others he’s tested.

·
Registered
10,823 Posts
He explains most of those in his other test videos. I can’t remember if he puts 500 or 1k through each gun before testing, but it’s possible that’s a gun that he already owned, so it could potentially have more. So far every gun I’ve seen him put through the test he has been bought new and he has “broken in” because viewers were complaining when he would put a brand new gun with no rounds through that test.

The guy loves 1911s, so I’m pretty sure he gave it a fair shake and did what he felt would be best to keep everything equal with the others he’s tested.
He didn’t say that for this video so i wasn’t sure, just questions i had about it. I haven’t watched a lot of his videos, other than some on CZs.

·
I could only pick one, extra money, or guns.
4,437 Posts
I want you all to know that a hi point c9 faired pretty well in this test.
I still haven't decided if I'm surprised about that or not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts