Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. It's that time of year for the bi annual military show at the Joppa Shrine in Woolmarket. I'll be there set up with my display of named and ID'd USMC uniforms and gear from post WW1 through Vietnam including several Vietcong captured items. The show usually has something for everyone from milsurps to uniforms to helmets and insignia to everything else in between. I hope I can see some of you guys there at some point over these next two days (though Saturday might be the optimum day for that since everyone else has to work tomorrow). Either way it should be fun as it always is.

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,668 Posts
Wish I could attend to see this show... :(

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the military show has come and gone but it was a very fun one. I didn't get to trade for the type of arisaka I wanted which really stunk because my friend thought he had an extra only to find out he had just one of that model. However I did trade him for a really nice type I arisaka, which was the one that the Italians made for the Japanese navy. I also sold a Korean War captured cut down type 38 and a cheap shooter k98 along with an extra enfield magazine I had. Someone walked in with a really nice condition Korean War USMC uniform that was named and I bought that for the collection. It was missing the EGA's for the collar but I lucked out and managed to find a set for them just a couple of booths down from mine. All in all it was a real fun show and I can't wait for the next military show which is sometime either in October or November (I can't remember which one but I'll look at my email to be sure). I'll get some pictures up of my display along with my finds later (probably tomorrow) as my phone is charging up from dead right now.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally here are my finds from the weekend. First there is the Type I arisaka that I traded for on Friday. It's sort of a bastard child of an arisaka and a carcano but it is a unique variant that I didn't have and with it being a third generation one in really nice shape I'm happy with it.
image510.jpeg

image511.jpeg

Then there is the Korean War USMC uniform I got yesterday from a guy who just wanted to get rid of it. It's named in multiple places but I took a photo of where it was the easiest to get a picture without taking it off the hanger. I got his jacket, belt and pants so it'll be a real nice display once I can get more info about him and acquire the correct medal bars to put back on his uniform.
image512.jpeg

image513.jpeg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts