Mini meet & Greet!!!

Discussion in 'Central Mississippi' started by Sum Gy Custom Firearms, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

Well a seed was planted on here a little while back about the old days of running jungle lanes!!
    Never plant a seed in soil over a septic tank unless you want it to grow fast, large and stinky!!!:D I went to pondering if there was a way to do it here and a plan began to form in my mind. Talked with an buddy of mine who is one of the sickest course designers I have ever known!!! He is all in and has already begun to figure out the generalities as he has been here before. He is coming down this weekend to lay out the course and to do target type and location and figure what we will need for props. It will be done in true jungle lane tradition with the number and location of targets unknown by the shooters. The course will be layed out with surveyor's tape and color will designate which weapon will be used Shotgun, Pistol or rifle!:)

SubGunFan, Blondie70, para40 and 7 others like this.
  2. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

I've heard of 'running" courses. Make sure it's one for us limp alongs!! Also some will need someone to carry our other gun for us!!!

Blondie70, rigrat, fordpkup and 4 others like this.

3. Xd357

Xd357 Moderator Staff Member

Bolton
  4. Boudreaux

Boudreaux ULTIMATE WEAPON THE GLOCK IS....FAIL IT DOES NOT

5. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

It should be a blast!!!!! ;)

Xd357 and rigrat like this.
  6. Vick

Vick Distinguished Poster

Having competed in a number of "jungle lane" courses in my younger days, you might as well tell everybody how many targets there are...after the first couple of shooters go through everybody else will know anyway! :rolleyes: These courses are fun, especially when laid out to include a well cut dry wash and it starts raining during the match...ask my wife: the one time we talked her into shooting in a match, the water was up above her knees when her turn came up! She placed pretty high overall, by the way! I ain't gonna let her get real mad at me! :eek:

7. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Mr Vick I can promise you they won't!!! When you finish the course you will not be allowed to return to the group that hasn't shot yet!!!! :D And no one will know who got them all, who didn't or who fired extra shots tryin to cover for misses!!!!!!! ;)

Blondie70 likes this.
  8. BasMstr

BasMstr Distinguished Poster

I'm gonna mess all ya'll up. I'm gonna go first, and just start blasting! :)

Good idea would be to change it up between shooters.

9. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Lol I'd be the one shooting more to cover misses.

10. Shrek

Shrek Distinguished Poster

I will hit every target every time and take out the tree's to boot.

Minigun_2.JPG

fastarrow, 22lrfan, phillipd and 4 others like this.
  11. nonnieselman

nonnieselman Nocturnal Specialties

When and where?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

12. BasMstr

BasMstr Distinguished Poster

13. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Can't make the tree killin be at work. Trying to make the mini meet not sure about the State wide.

14. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    Rig I'll miss the tree killin, but will be at the other 2. Can't believe I'm finally off for something. You gotta make at least one of them. I've talked to you enough and had enough dealings with you that I feel like I know you, but I'd like to shake your hand and look you in the eye. If it'll help I can get you a doctor's excuse.

15. vr1967

vr1967 Rooinek Amerikaanse

Doctors excuses and calling in sick don't work in the oilfield!

I did 87 days straight on a rig once. Believe me, I tried everything to just get a day of rest after week 8, and nothing worked, and my last position out there I was usually the one telling people "No"

16. phillipd

columbus
    I know, I did it too. Thought I'd offer though.

17. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

You are so right you work when you are well, when you are sick, you work through everything. Think it was 62 days the longest I've done. That was on the voyage to India, made the first two legs from Mobile Al, to Curacao, and then on to Cape Town Africa. Was very happy to get off that drill ship.

18. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

I appreciate the offer, wish it worked that way. But if it did we would never get anything done out there.

19. vr1967

vr1967 Rooinek Amerikaanse

I've heard some excuses thru the years. Need to start up the oilfield story thread again

20. phillipd

columbus
    Yep. Somebody has to pay for the free healthcare, groceries, and cell phones. Thanks for what you do.