close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mississippi Firearm Permit Application Question?

Discussion in 'Mississippi Concealed Carry' started by John Taylor, Apr 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. fordpkup

fordpkup Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Me, I would only put felonies down. None.

John Taylor and Jarhead5811 like this.
  2. John Taylor

John Taylor Full Poster

Yeah, it is just a misdemeanor, that is why I am on the fence about it.

3. bubbat

bubbat Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.

Clinton
    If you have to report the careless driving conviction, wouldn't you have to report every traffic ticket you ever paid the fine for, that's pleading guilty and a conviction of a misdemeanor moving violation too, isn't it?

John Taylor likes this.
  4. John Taylor

John Taylor Full Poster

Here is the kicker, it says criminal conviction and things like speeding tickets are considered civil, not criminal, and I was reading that careless is considered criminal yet it is a misdemeanor in the state of MS, which is why I am asking.

DEADEYE 1 likes this.
  5. gutdoc

gutdoc Distinguished Poster

Call them, to verify, but I don’t think you need anything. The th8ng is you don’t even need to put yes, and they wont ask for anything further. Ymmv

Jarhead5811 and John Taylor like this.
  6. Jarhead5811

Jarhead5811 Rational Anarchist MSGO Supporter

I’d answer “no”.

John Taylor and bubbat like this.
  7. gutdoc

I agree, this guy had wreckless driving, but they told him to chev’ yes. I thought it was wrong.

Jarhead5811 and John Taylor like this.
  8. John Taylor

John Taylor Full Poster

Thanks m8!

Jarhead5811 likes this.
  9. gutdoc

I heard this conversation, so I know it’s real. My son was applying and asked on speakerphone did it matter if the application was printed on both sides or just one. The answer was it doesn’t matter. Show up and told to go do it over. Guy in front of us was sent home on a technicality that he called on. Consistently inconsistent

Redlick83, stewbaby and Jarhead5811 like this.
  10. John Taylor

John Taylor Full Poster

So is it one side or both?

Jarhead5811 likes this.
  11. John Taylor

John Taylor Full Poster

Like I said I will put no and give a update. Wish me luck guys!

Jarhead5811 likes this.
  12. Jarhead5811

Jarhead5811 Rational Anarchist MSGO Supporter

It’s easier to ask forgiveness than permission. If you say “no” and something comes up, which I doubt, you couldn’t get in trouble because you were literally telling the truth. If you answer “yes” it may get you turned down and cause all kind of headaches. JMO, but that’s why I’d say no. It’s the truth and you aren’t dealing with normal people in this process, they are government drones that likely couldn’t hold down a real job.

stewbaby and John Taylor like this.
  13. DEADEYE 1

DEADEYE 1 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I don,t ever worry about that part, as a teen 45 years ago, I came close to jail but finally turned my life around before I had to go to jail or worse. But I worry about the part that asks if I have ever been judged mentally incompetant ?? Well a judge has not said I was crazy, just my friends.
    Have you ever been commited to an institution?? No not yet.No felonies, no problem.

SLBcmtr and fordpkup like this.