1 - 20 of 326 Posts

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
8,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
I'm no longer going to spend any money in Laurel, especially at Ford Lincoln Kia in Laurel. Great places to eat, good shopping, but no longer on my list of places to go. I encourage others to do the same. And send 'em an email or letter letting them know.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,024 Posts
I agree I think I will also be not spending as much time in Laurel.

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
How is it even legal for a mayor to remove property of the taxpayers without a vote?
This is no more legal than the mayor of Moss Point vandalizing the street in front of their courthouse with BLM graffiti. It will be ignored because these are black men scoring political points with the mob. Some animals are more equal than others.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Hypocrite Walmart getting on the BLM bandwagon after flying the State Flag for decades above their stores. I think it's down now, but Walmart in Tupelo flew a huge State Flag above their entrance for many years. It was O.K. then, when their corporate thought it served a commercial purpose, but now their corporate has flipped with taking it down and changing it because they think it serves their commercial profit margin. NAACP and BLM supporters walked under that flag into the store for many years without a gripe or notice, or Walmart would have taken it down years ago. What gets me is all the genuinely racist stuff Walmart sells in their stores - most notably those filthy language racist rap CD's that insult the white and other races. Why doesn't their corporate get these out of their stores as well?

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Sad thing is changing the State Flag will change nothing. They will just move on to the next thing they don't like.

·
Deplorables Battalion Commander
26,142 Posts
I'm no longer going to spend any money in Laurel, especially at Ford Lincoln Kia in Laurel. Great places to eat, good shopping, but no longer on my list of places to go. I encourage others to do the same. And send 'em an email or letter letting them know.
I'm nowhere near Laurel, MS but I promise to NOT watch any more episodes of Home Town on HGTV!

·
MSGO Court Jester
35,185 Posts
I don't know them and have never watched it.

·
26,142 Posts
Have no choice for some things, but I haven't watched that since season 1, for other reasons
Have no choice for some things, but I haven't watched that since season 1, for other reasons
I was pleased to see both the American and current Mississippi state flags flying at our local neighborhood elementary school while my wife and I were out walking our dog last night.

Hopefully, that won't change here anytime soon.

·
Registered
15,343 Posts

As I stated in another thread, I couldn’t care less about the flag issue, but I’m sure I warned y’all this would happen. She stopped allowing the flag in her office years ago. Though, I’m not sure why it mattered, she was never there.

·
26,142 Posts
View attachment 230552

As I stated in another thread, I couldn’t care less about the flag issue, but I’m sure I warned y’all this would happen. She stopped allowing the flag in her office years ago. Though, I’m not sure why it mattered, she was never there.
The will of the people of Mississippi was expressed in 2001, Madam Attorney General.

1 - 20 of 326 Posts