Mississippi Gun Owners banner

201 - 220 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
I was pleased to see both the American and current Mississippi state flags flying at our local neighborhood elementary school while my wife and I were out walking our dog last night.

Hopefully, that won't change here anytime soon.
McComb School District took down the state flag at least 3 years ago. As posted earlier, they just renamed Pearl River Avenue (Hwy 44 through city limits) "Black Lives Matter Avenue".

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Already got it flying at the house
We should start flying this one. Use google for the meaning.......it fits. View attachment 231051
Being the father of an Oberleutnant zur See (he rolls his eyes every time I say his rank in German. Except when he's in Germany. Then they're impressed. But here I go into the weeds again...) I am quite familiar with the various flags from charts he has on the wall. A current Midshipmen who is on "Sea Year" with USMMA just sailed into Norfolk on his container ship under the signal flag "Lima"; the entire crew has tested positive for COVID 19. Probably brought on board by some of the Filipino ABs. He's under quarantine, can't return to the USMMA nor transfer to his next ship to continue Sea Year, for at least 30 days.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
I like this one:
View attachment 231042 The Gadsen 🐍 or the Jolly Roger 🏴‍☠️ are the only ones I might fly. Honestly, I probably won’t bother.

I’d consider an American Flag 🇺🇸 but would rather not piss off good people because I cannot, in good conscience, fly it right side up.
I read a year or so ago that the SS / FBI / BATFE etc. were told that those displaying this flag in any form (flag, decal, etc.) should be considered a possible "extremist" and if it is necessary to approach such an individual, to do so with 'caution' (which is code for go in body armor with flash bangs and SMGs).
IMHO it's a target on my house/vehicle, so I took mine down. Camouflage is the first layer of defense.

·
Deplorables Battalion Commander
26,143 Posts
Maybe buy 1 of the new fags and fly it upside down.
Doesn't a state 'white flag' look the same flown upside down? <SARC>

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
If your Senator or Representative voted against this bill or voted in favor of the amendment to include our existing flag on the ballot, maybe send them a "thank you" email. They could probably use the encouragement. It's not easy to be in the minority when there's an angry mob beating on your door.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Already got it flying at the house
Might as well put a "shoot my house in a drive by" sign on your house. Like an NRA decal on your vehicle, soon the "old" state flag will make you a target. Sadly.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I printed out the House vote list of who voted yea/nay to remove/change state flag, but I haven't been able to find a similar list for the Senate. Does anyone have a copy of the Senate list?

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
I printed out the House vote list of who voted yea/nay to remove/change state flag, but I haven't been able to find a similar list for the Senate. Does anyone have a copy of the Senate list?
One of the links on this thread was to a story on WLBT. That stroy had a link to a complete list of reps and senators.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
House of Representatives:

Shane Aguirre: Y

Brent Anderson: Y

Jeramey Anderson: Y

Otis Anthony: Y

William Tracy Arnold: Y

Willie Bailey: Y

Nick Bain: Y

Earle S. Banks: Y

Shane Barnett: N

Manly Barton: Y

Charles Jim Beckett: Y

Christopher M. Bell: Y

Donnie Bell: Y

Richard Bennett: Y

Edward Blackmon Jr.: Y

Joel Bomgar: Y

C. Scott Bounds: N

Randy P. Boyd: N

Bo Brown: Y

Chris Brown: ABSENT

Cedric Burnett: Y

Charles Busby: Y

Larry Byrd: Y

Billy Adam Calvert: N

Lester Carpenter: N

Gary Chism: ABSENT

Bryant W. Clark: Y

Alyce G. Clarke: Y

Angela Cockerham: Y

Carolyn Crawford: N

Sam Creekmore IV: Y

Dana Criswell: N

Ronnie C. Crudup: Y

Becky Currie: Y

Jerry Darnell: N

Oscar Denton: Y

Clay Deweese: Y

Jarvis Dortch: Y

Dan Eubanks: ABSENT

Casey Eure: Y

Bob Evans: Y

Michael T. Evans: Y

John G. Faulkner: Y

Kevin Felsher: Y

Jill Ford: Y

Kevin Ford: Y

Stephanie Foster: Y

Debra Gibbs: Y

Karl Gibbs: Y

Dale Goodin: Y

Jeffrey S. Guice: NOT VOTING

Philip Gunn: Y

Jeff Hale: N

Greg Haney: N

Jeffery Harness: Y

John W. Hines, Sr.: Y

Gregory Holloway Sr.: Y

Joey Hood: Y

Steve Hopkins: ABSENT

Kevin Horan: Y

Stephen A. Horne: N

Mac Huddleston: Y

Abe Hudson: Y

Lataisha Jackson: Y

Robert L. Johnson III: Y

Kabir Karriem: Y

Bill Kinkade: N

Timmy Ladner: N

John Thomas "Trey" Lamar III: Y

Johnathan Ray Lancaster: Y

Vince Mangold: N

Steve Massengill: Y

Kent McCarty: Y

Dana McLean: Y

Hester Jackson McCray: Y

Missy McGee: Y

Jay McKnight: N

Doug McLeod: N

Carl Mickens: Y

Tom Miles: Y

Sam C. Mims, V: N

Ken Morgan: N

Gene Newman: Y

Karl Oliver: Y

Solomon C. Osborne: Y

Jansen Owen: Y

Orlando Paden: Y

Randall Patterson: Y

Bill Pigott: N

Daryl Porter: Y

Brent Powell: Y

John Read: Y

Thomas U. Reynolds: Y

Rob Roberson: Y

Tracey T. Rosebud: Y

Randy Rushing: N

Noah Sanford: Y

Donnie Scoggin: Y

Omeria Scott: Y

Fred Shanks: Y

Troy Smith: N

Jody Steverson: Y

Rufus Straughter: Y

Zakiya Summers: Y

Cheikh Taylor: Y

Rickey Thompson: Y

Mark Tullos: N

Jerry R. Turner: Y

Kenneth Walker: Y

Price Wallace: N

Percy W. Watson: Y

Tom Weathersby: Y

Jason White: Y

Stacey Hobgood-Wilkes: N

Sonya Williams-Barnes: Y

Brady Williamson: Y

Lee Yancey: Y

Shanda Yates: Y

Charles Young, Jr.: Y

Henry Zuber III: Y

Senate:

Juan Barnett: Y

Barbara Blackmon: Y

Kevin Blackwell: Y

David Blount: Y

Nicole Boyd: Y

Jenifer B. Branning: N

Hob Bryan: Y

Albert Butler: Y

Joel R.Carter, Jr.: Y

Chris Caughman: N

Lydia Graves Chassaniol: N

Kathy L. Chism: N

Dennis DeBar, Jr.: Y

Scott DeLano: Y

Sally Doty: Y

Jeremy England: Y

Joey Fillingane: N

Hillman Terome Frazier: Y

Josh Harkins: Y

Angela Burks Hill: N

W. Briggs Hopson III: Y

John Horhn: Y

Gary Jackson: Y

Robert L. Jackson: Y

Sampson Jackson II: Y

Chris Johnson: Y

David Jordan: Y

Dean Kirby: Y

Tyler McCaughn: N

Chris McDaniel: N

Michael McLendon: N

Chad McMahan: Y

J. Walter Michel: Y

Philip Moran: Y

Sollie B. Norwood: Y

David Parker: Y

Rita Potts Parks:

John A. Polk: Y

Joseph M. Seymour: N

Derrick T. Simmons: Y

Sarita Simmons: Y

Melanie Sojourner: N

Daniel H. Sparks: N

Benjamin Suber: Y

Jeff Tate: N

Joseph Thomas: Y

Mike Thompson: Y

Angela Turner-Ford: Y

Neil S. Whaley: N

Brice Wiggins: Y

Tammy Witherspoon: Y

Chuck Younger: Y

·
Registered
9,655 Posts
Perhaps the time is approaching when we need to borrow a page from the "peaceful protestors" book and when the tyrants illegitimate new flag, replacing that selected by the citizenry, begins flying, maybe they need to be taken down and burned by large groups very publicly. Perhaps we need to remind the budding tyrants that they need to be more afraid of the citizenry than a small group of outside funded radicals. If they'll betray us on the flag, and not even allow the citizenry to vote on keeping the flag selected by the people of Mississippi, how can we trust them on anything else? Sic Semper Tyrannis may need to begin popping up. No more of this "we know best" tyrannical crap from spineless (or collaborating) politicians.

We need Mississippi to be a strong republic for what may well be coming down the road, and allowing spineless pandering politicians to act tyrannically, doesn't serve the people of Mississippi well. Time to stop tolerating it.

·
Registered
9,655 Posts
Just sent this to Blackwell, who voted for the flag change:

Senator (for now) Blackwell,

It is disgusting that you pandered and voted for changing the flag as the MS Senate representative of my district. If this is to be done, it should be done by a vote of the citizenry on the proffered flags, including the current one. I will not be supporting anyone, of either party, who voted for this measure in the future, including the Governor, whom I suspect is now going to face a very tough bid for re-election when the time comes. If you mistakenly believe that knuckling under to outside funded agitators will calm "divisiveness", you are sadly mistaken. I am reminded of a gentleman named Neville Chamberlain by this act of appeasement and we all know that did not turn out well for the appeasers. I especially do not respect those who campaigned one way and voted another on this issue. Again, this was an issue for the citizens of Mississippi to decide, not politicians who "know what's best for us". I assure you you may not look forward to any future support from me. Many citizens of Mississippi no longer trust those who have betrayed the citizens they claim to represent and who will not put it up for a vote of the citizenry as is the case with the current (legitimate) flag. I will never consider a flag picked by pandering politicians, from only those flags allowed by professional politicians, to be legitimate. This issue will never die now. We will keep it alive just like the small group of agitators to whom you have pandered. Right at the moment your party appears worthless in defending any of our rights going forward as it only takes some money and a few agitators to change your vote. Truly loathesome.

Sincerely,

<name>

And to Criswell, who voted against it, I sent:

Representative Criswell,

Thank you so much for voting against changing the flag as the representative of my district. If this is to be done, it should be done by a vote of the citizenry on the proffered flags, including the current one. I will not be supporting anyone, of either party, who voted for this measure in the future, including the Governor, whom I suspect is now going to face a very tough bid for re-election when the time comes. If they think that knuckling under to outside funded agitators will calm "divisiveness", they are sadly mistaken. I am reminded of a gentleman name Neville Chamberlain by this act of appeasement and we all know that did not turn out well for the appeasers. Again, thank you for voting against the measure. I especially do not respect those who campaigned one way and voted another on this issue. Again, this was an issue for the citizens of Mississippi to decide, not politicians who "know what's best for us".

Sincerely,

<name>

201 - 220 of 330 Posts