Mississippi Gun Owners banner

241 - 260 of 330 Posts

·
MSGO Court Jester
35,209 Posts
The part I didn't understand is this:

I had far fewer people ask me about the current flag than you know about and I have a district that has apparently changed in the last 20 years .
Think he meant to say 'more people'?

Reactions: LeansVeryRight2016

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very sad what this country is coming to. The men and women that represent this country don’t have back bones any more. I went to school in mccomb crazy they voted in Black lives matter avenue.
Also maybe a flag with a bear on it since that is the mascot of yalls school that coward down. I actually hope that doesn’t happen I just don’t like ole miss lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Deplorables Battalion Commander
26,143 Posts
Ummmm, if you read all the way down my post, first was a scathing message of loathing to Blackwell for voting to change and right below that was my message to Criswell thanking him profusely for opposing it. :unsure:
I read it but my comment was to Blondie70 (post #221) and in general, to the forum.

I assumed Mr. Criswell was your state rep.

I'm in DeSoto County too. My senator is Dave Parker ((n) on this issue); my state rep is Steve Hopkins (who was absent for the HB 1796 vote? but who voted NO to the HC suspension of rules).

I modified your state senator e-mail slightly and sent it to Sen. Dave Parker though. Thanks for your work on that email.

I also sent a thank you to Rep. Dana Criswell, as he is also in OBMS and is my local FFL. (y) (y)

Reactions: maxhush

·
26,143 Posts
IMO, HB 1796 was a "We Know Best, Now PFO" message to Mississippi voters.

Read the full text of the bill here:

Voters will get one state flag redesign Y/N choice on Nov 3, and it will have the words "In God We Trust" on it and the redesigned flag choice will come from the 9-UNELECTED/APPOINTED-member flag commission.

My gut feeling is that the 9-UNELECTED/APPOINTED-member flag commission will "accept" citizen input much the same way that the BATFE currently accepts input to proposed changes to firearms regulations (i.e., to 'File 13').

I could be wrong though.

[The current state flag will not be an option, nor will there be any option with the Confederate battle emblem on it.]

"They" (state legislators, elected state officials - and probably the flag commissioners) don't care that we may care.

Move along, sheeple, and pay your taxes.

·
26,143 Posts
So if it comes up no what then?
The 9-UNELECTED/APPOINTED member flag redesign commission goes back to the drawing board and tries again.

(2) If a majority of the qualified electors voting on the question in the special election vote "No," then the commission shall reconvene to perform the functions described in Section 1 of this act. The commission shall make its recommendation for another new design for the official Mississippi State Flag, which shall be presented to the Governor and the Legislature during the next regular session of the Legislature after the election. The new design for the Mississippi State Flag recommended by the commission shall be placed on the ballot in a statewide special election for the purpose of allowing the qualified electors to determine whether the new design recommended by the commission shall be the design for the official Mississippi State Flag. The special election shall be held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November of the year in which the commission presents its recommendation to the Legislature, and shall be conducted in the same manner as general elections are held. The question on the ballot shall be the same question as provided in subsection (1) of this section, and the results of the election shall determine which of the procedures described in this section shall be followed in the future in determining the new design for the official Mississippi State Flag.

Reactions: Redlick83

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I'm gonna vote "no" in November (it is NOvember, after all) on whatever flag they propose just hoping to cause trouble! No flag is infinitely better than not having a say in the matter.

·
Premium Member
20,327 Posts
Let me prognosticate just a little. I foresee a Nov ballot with Presidents and others and a choice (not ours) on flags. IF you write in OR do NOT vote on one of the flags your vote WILL NOT COUNT!!! BIDEN WINS!!!

At least MS.

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Let me prognosticate just a little. I foresee a Nov ballot with Presidents and others and a choice (not ours) on flags. IF you write in OR do NOT vote on one of the flags your vote WILL NOT COUNT!!! BIDEN WINS!!!

At least MS.
There will only be one option, we will only vote yes or no, not write in. I dont think they throw out your vote for skipping a section.

IMO, HB 1796 was a "We Know Best, Now PFO" message to Mississippi voters.

Read the text of the bill here:

Voters will get one state flag redesign Y/N choice on Nov 3, and it will have the words "In God We Trust" on it and the redesigned flag choice will come from the 9-UNELECTED/APPOINTED-member flag commission.

My gut feeling is that the 9-UNELECTED/APPOINTED-member flag commission will "accept" citizen input much the same way that the BATFE currently accepts input to proposed changes to firearms regulations (i.e., to 'File 13').

I could be wrong though.

[The current state flag will not be an option, nor will there be any option with the Confederate battle emblem on it.]

"They" (state legislators, elected state officials - and probably the flag commissioners) don't care that we may care.

Move along, sheeple, and pay your taxes.

·
26,143 Posts
I predict a sort of rebellious majority "no vote," which will cause the current flag to remain until November 2021; wash, rinse, repeat.
Nope.

The current state flag with the Confederate battle emblem will be removed +15 days effective upon passage of HB 1796 by both houses.

SECTION 5. Section 3-3-16, Mississippi Code of 1972, which provides the design for the official flag of the State of Mississippi, is repealed.
SECTION 6. Upon the effective date of this act, the Department of Archives and History shall immediately develop a plan for the prompt, dignified and respectful removal of the former official Mississippi State Flag described in
Section 3-3-16, Mississippi Code of 1972, and the removal of the flag shall take place not later than fifteen (15) days from the effective date of this act.
SECTION 7. This act shall take effect and be in force from and after its passage.

(emphasis, mine)

·
26,143 Posts
There will only be one option, we will only vote yes or no, not write in. I dont think they throw out your vote for skipping a section.
Fifteen days from last Sunday until Nov 3rd, Mississippi will not have an official state flag.

Voting NO or not voting/skipping the Y/N question on the redesigned flag "option" on Nov 3rd would be OK.

Writing-in on the redesigned state flag "option" would probably not be OK, and might disqualify the voter's entire ballot, including the federal election portion.

If the majority votes NO on Nov 3, 2020, then Mississippi will not have an official state flag until Nov 2021. At least.

I suppose that a majority of Mississippi voters could continue to vote NO each November to ensure that Mississippi does not have an official state flag ... hypothetically only, of course.

Like a failed school district tax levy question, this issue won't go away until our state rulers get the desired vote.

Hail, Caesar! Pay your taxes. <sarc>

Disclaimer: not an election official and not an elected official. Just a cynic.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
19,400 Posts
Fifteen days from last Sunday until Nov 3rd, Mississippi will not have an official state flag.

Voting NO or not voting/skipping the Y/N question on the redesigned flag "option" on Nov 3rd would be OK.

Writing-in on the redesigned state flag "option" would probably not be OK, and might disqualify the voter's entire ballot, including the federal election portion.

If the majority votes NO on Nov 3, 2020, then Mississippi will not have an official state flag until Nov 2021. At least.

I suppose that a majority of Mississippi voters could continue to vote NO each November to ensure that Mississippi does not have an official state flag ... hypothetically only, of course.

Like a failed school district tax levy question, this issue won't go away until our state rulers get the desired vote.

Hail, Caesar! Pay your taxes. <sarc>

Disclaimer: not an election official and not an elected official. Just a cynic.
Has Tater signed the bill? Don't think the 15 days starts till he does because without him signing it, it's not official yet.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Very sad what this country is coming to. The men and women that represent this country don’t have back bones any more. I went to school in mccomb crazy they voted in Black lives matter avenue.
Also maybe a flag with a bear on it since that is the mascot of yalls school that coward down. I actually hope that doesn’t happen I just don’t like oleT miss lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Taught there 17 years when were you at MHS? Send a PM if you don't wish to reply in public. Just curious.

241 - 260 of 330 Posts