Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,294 Posts
Just goes back to the golden rule of only dealing with somebody with a decent post count and feedback. The NR should be an immediate warning for anything big.

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Caveat emptor. GB does little to nothing about the scammers.

NR and F rated sellers are a plague on GB lately. Always make sure to check the ratings, and if there's any question in your mind, don't do it. If there's something you want, don't wait until the last minute. Email the seller first. Ask for a phone number (see if it matches the State the seller lists, also call them), ask for a photo of something they don't show in the ad. There are a bunch of ways to detect scammers, and it doesn't take a lot of effort.

If you do get suckered into making a bid, or Buy It Now, then you realize the seller is probably a scammer, don't pay. There's nothing that GB or the seller can do to collect. At worst you get a negative feedback, but probably not. The scammers don't want to draw attention to themselves. If you do, you can answer the FB and explain. If worse comes to worse, and you've sent money, contact the Police in whatever jurisdiction you sent to money to. Local PD's will sometimes help.

Trust your gut. The old adage is especially true on GB; "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

·
Registered
16,676 Posts
Last time I eyeballed a Deagle at the PX they were priced at around $2k. They've actually sold a couple of them. I guess those flyboys get paid pretty good these days. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Most of these scammers will not have the verified checkmark. I usually claim I'm in a town nearby and see if they'll do face to face which they never will since they don't really have the gun. They always have a buy it now that's too good to be true

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I reported a scam auction to Gunbroker and they did nothing about it until it ended a few days later with a defrauded buyer

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I reported a scam auction to Gunbroker and they did nothing about it until it ended a few days later with a defrauded buyer
same thing here, several people did the buy it now and gave them a F and said it was scam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts