Mississippi Gun Owners banner

Mississippi Gun Owners Get Their Day in Court

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  fredfredfred 
#1 · (Edited)
#5 ·
I have a question. Since HB786 was signed into law and we no longer need a permit for concealed carry, would a retired military person be required to obtain a permit w/IC sticker if Ricks petition succeeds? Seems logical to me that if you have your military ID with you that should be sufficient without a permit, since the ID is all that's required for an Enhanced Permit anyway.

#6 ·
I have a question. Since HB786 was signed into law and we no longer need a permit for concealed carry, would a retired military person be required to obtain a permit w/IC sticker if Ricks petition succeeds? Seems logical to me that if you have your military ID with you that should be sufficient without a permit.
Good question.:yeah: Help?

Unfortunately, I'm not a lawyer, didn't portray one on TV, and didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night ...:warning:

#16 ·
No, law does not work that way. The law actually still says that if you have a IC sticker on your permit then you can carry in places listed in section 13. Even though logic would seem clear, the law is clearer, because the law says that there is a specific thing you have to accomplish, and thats having the sticker on your permit to be able to carry in those places listed in 13. Maybe they will rectify that, but as of right now, I would say you still need the permit with the sticker on the back.

#15 ·
The law specifically says that if you have a IC sticker then you can carry in places listed in section 13. Then Hood said that one of those sections you still can't carry in. Section 13 says anyplace that has a sign that says "No firearms or pistols allowed" you can't carry in, but the AG said the sign still has force of law even though state law says it doesn't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.