Mississippi Gun Owners banner
201 - 216 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
I've always been curious as to what happened with the Bogue Chitto range (not asking for an explanation). It was before my time at SWGC and I'm sorry I missed out on the opportunity to shoot the long range matches. Maybe they'll be another option within acceptable driving distance one day..
I'll fill you in next time I see you.

·
Registered
467 Posts
What about Laurel Ms
I’d have to make it a weekend trip. Overnight at least. Lol. Pascagoula is just a tad out of my comfortable “driving to and actually being able to get anything done” range. Besides, I’m sans any type of long range shooter at the mo save for my DIY 20” .223 wylde AR (wo/optics). Maybe once I’ve beefed up the gun cabinet a bit more I’ll be able to put serious thought into a trip down y’alls way.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
What about Laurel Ms
Laurel....that’s north of Hattiesburg right? So ~100 miles +/-. What facilities are there in Laurel for long range shooting? I’m not very well informed on where there is to shoot around the state. I’m a member at SWGC in my home town and know where several indoor ranges are around the state. I’ve also been to Magnolia once and I’ve driven by Coast R&P once.

Reactions: Mesquite

·
Registered
467 Posts
Laurel....that’s north of Hattiesburg right? So ~100 miles +/-. What facilities are there in Laurel for long range shooting? I’m not very well informed on where there is to shoot around the state. I’m a member at SWGC in my home town and know where several indoor ranges are around the state. I’ve also been to Magnolia once and I’ve driven by Coast R&P once.
Probley the best range in Ms full 1k range with electronic targets. All shooting is done under buildings. Full restrooms running water.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
F class and bench rest. 50cal shoots. Training. They just put in a 20k skeet range with something like 10 stages stretched out. All shooting lines except skeet are under buildings big buildings with benches
Laurel is doing bench rest now? Last I heard it was only f-class.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Shoot them a email. They might not have any thing coming up. But I do know they shoot br up there. Just don't remember what one they do maybe IBS
Per the person that handles their FB they did it last year but none this year. Wish they would do it again. Some of us older guys don't belly flop any more. Hurts too bad.

Reactions: phillipd

·
Registered
467 Posts
Per the person that handles their FB they did it last year but none this year. Wish they would do it again. Some of us older guys don't belly flop any more. Hurts too bad.
It's not as bad as most would think some guys bring a lot of padding and some pillows. But if you just cant get down you can shoot off of bench but your score just won't be sent in to NRA.

201 - 216 of 216 Posts