Mississippi Gun Owners banner
161 - 180 of 216 Posts
Discussion starter · #161 ·
Anybody got $924K laying around?

I am of the opinion that it won't happen without one of two things: (1) state help, or (2) a very rich private benefactor that loves to shoot.

So far state help has been a bust. Unless one of us becomes governor I don't see that happening. As to the private benefactor, I guess we've got to keep looking.

Lots of motivated people, just not enough $$$. Stay positive.

How much land is needed beyond the end of the range? I am not willing to buy the property for that range. But I may be willing to purchase the land at the end of my current range, and lease part of my range plus part of the purchased land to create a 1K range. I think that starting at my 200 yard target that my land plus the other property will give 1800 yards to a gravel public road. It would be pretty flat from 200 to 1K and goes up hill after that a great deal. I have been planning on buying it anyway to creat a 1500 yard private range.

eddybo said:
How much land is needed beyond the end of the range? I am not willing to buy the property for that range. But I may be willing to purchase the land at the end of my current range, and lease part of my range plus part of the purchased land to create a 1K range. I think that starting at my 200 yard target that my land plus the other property will give 1800 yards to a gravel public road. It would be pretty flat from 200 to 1K and goes up hill after that a great deal. I have been planning on buying it anyway to creat a 1500 yard private range.
Way to step up eddybo........ :bravo:

S.W.G.C.JBMIII said:
eddybo said:
Way to step up eddybo........ :bravo:
I knew I like this guy for some reason. :suspect:

This is what you wanted people...... :tophat: all the time it was in my back yard WOW.. :lol3:

eddybo is for real...he has the skills and the land.

Anything new on this quest ..... ??

I'll take a peek

I used to come up Highway 15 south of Meridian and I remember a piece of land just east of the highway and across from the airport that was pretty big and long.  As I recall some of it was concrete, some not.  Next time I am in Meridian I will ride out there and take a look.

Coupe

I'll take a peek

I used to come up Highway 15 south of Meridian and I remember a piece of land just east of the highway and across from the airport that was pretty big and long. As I recall some of it was concrete, some not. Next time I am in Meridian I will ride out there and take a look.

Coupe

That's my neck of the woods. There's a guy out there that has 100 acres for sale. He was a Black Angus Bull breeder. Its got a few hills up front, not sure about the back. Its in the corner of a small town called Union. I can check and see how long of a shot you can get if anyone would like?

Anybody got $924K laying around?

I am of the opinion that it won't happen without one of two things: (1) state help, or (2) a very rich private benefactor that loves to shoot.

So far state help has been a bust. Unless one of us becomes governor I don't see that happening. As to the private benefactor, I guess we've got to keep looking.

Lots of motivated people, just not enough $$$. Stay positive.

Guess there is not much activity on the subject of MS Long Range Shooter's....

Can't believe depending upon any government entity would even be an option.

Anyone in the know...fill us in on the latest and greatest...would love to hear or see something positive being done.

'Neck

Discussion starter · #175 ·
I can update you on a little activity. The LLC that I registered for this venture is in the process of getting administratively dissolved by the Sec. of State. Not a big deal. If anything ever happens it won't be hard to crank something back up, but until the riflemen of this great state meet up with a big sugardaddy I don't think it will happen.

But I live in yankeeville now so what do I know?

Apparently it did. Having a good 600 to 1000 yard range in the central part of the state is a good dream but will probably never be a reality. F-class shooters have got the range at Laurel but us folks that it hurts to bad to go prone would love a bench rest setup.

Discussion starter · #179 ·
I've heard good things about the place in Laurel, but have not been. I've heard it does not have firing points at 200 and 300, which are needed for high power. There is also a range in Carthage I am told.

161 - 180 of 216 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.