Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Phil is up to his eyeballs in steaming bull sh........

We may have more available jobs than we've had in recent years but we've also got fewer people who want jobs. Less than half of the people in Mississippi who are capable of working actually do. Don't believe me? Cruse through the projects at noon on a Tuesday. All of those guys standing around aren't working the night shift.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,931 Posts
If I am not mistaken, the unemployment rate does not factor in the unemployed who are not seeking a job or benefits. If they are added the number becomes staggering.
This^ It doesn't take into count all these that are no longer actually drawing unemployment or never did in the first place. If they did then the unemployment numbers across all states would be staggering.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
If you reviewed all the job applications I get for entry level part time jobs you would wonder how anyone under 30 gets a job. it's appalling. the interviews are even worse. their only skill seems to be pecking on their phone with both thumbs.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
If I am not mistaken, the unemployment rate does not factor in the unemployed who are not seeking a job or benefits. If they are added the number becomes staggering.
Right you are!
Believe that even if they are actively looking they are not counted if the unemployment benefits have run out. Could be wrong on that but have heard the benefits playing out after 99 weeks is what caused some of the drops during the previous federal administration.

·
Registered
10,139 Posts
This^ It doesn't take into count all these that are no longer actually drawing unemployment or never did in the first place. If they did then the unemployment numbers across all states would be staggering.
The Dems need to get their voters from somewhere... :deadend:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a 37 year old son, who returned from Chicago with us who to help us out, has 2 degrees from Miss State - psychology and business admin who is willing/eager to work and has found nothing in 3 years. He has a slight disability - other than being my son - in that his is blind in one eye, and the other may not be much better; he drives and functions normally, just has some issues with precision work where keen eyesight is required. Anyone with suggestions - it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
I have a 37 year old son, who returned from Chicago with us who to help us out, has 2 degrees from Miss State - psychology and business admin who is willing/eager to work and has found nothing in 3 years. He has a slight disability - other than being my son - in that his is blind in one eye, and the other may not be much better; he drives and functions normally, just has some issues with precision work where keen eyesight is required. Anyone with suggestions - it would be greatly appreciated.
It sounds like he'd be a good fit in human resources at a large company.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
If you reviewed all the job applications I get for entry level part time jobs you would wonder how anyone under 30 gets a job. it's appalling. the interviews are even worse. their only skill seems to be pecking on their phone with both thumbs.
That's a shame. I don't mean to be heartless but...... here it goes: If you're 30+ years old (assuming no mental hadicap) and haven't developed any skills to set yourself apart from your 15 year-old competition YOU ARE A FAILURE!!!! If you're the parent of a 15 year old who can't conduct themselves accordingly to acquire an entry level job YOU ARE A FAILURE!!!!!!

·
Morte
4,281 Posts
Then there is people like me, who wasn't counted.

Even though I worked for the same company rigrat does, I always worked out of a foreign office (Singapore, then Dubai when they left Sing) no unemployment was paid in on me or several other Americans who worked there.

The U.S. and MS (and other states) sure were worried about getting their taxes each year, but would do nothing to help when we became unemployed.

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
This data doesn't include under-employed folks either. It doesn't seem like any politician's statements can hold up to any questioning.

Reactions: BasMstr
1 - 14 of 14 Posts