Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a box of 500 of these bullets. Should be in this week or early next. Will be my 1st time loading 38 wadcutters and I've never used Missouri Bullets. Anyone have any experience with this brand? My main concern is if I need to size these bullets.. If so, I'll need to order a bullet sizer... If I need to order a bullet sizer, has anyone used the new Lee APP press??

Reactions: rigrat

· Premium Member
19,600 Posts
Ordered a box of 500 of these bullets. Should be in this week or early next. Will be my 1st time loading 38 wadcutters and I've never used Missouri Bullets. Anyone have any experience with this brand? My main concern is if I need to size these bullets.. If so, I'll need to order a bullet sizer... If I need to order a bullet sizer, has anyone used the new Lee APP press??
I’d doubt seriously you’ll have to size them.
As for that APP press.....I was thinking hard about it.....but,I’m going to give it a few months before I purchase. I want to see if they fall apart in short order or hold up. The reality of the world is anything “new” is going to have teething problems and it always shows months/years after release.
I want one for sizing powder coated bullets that I cast. The videos I watched were very impressive as far as speed. And with the 4 tube case feeder it would really speed things up for me. Hopefully they’ll stay whole and work out so I can purchase without issue later.
So far,with the exception of a couple of casting molds,everything I’ve purchased from Lee has been really decent stuff. Especially as cheaply as it’s sold.

· Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’d doubt seriously you’ll have to size them.
As for that APP press.....I was thinking hard about it.....but,I’m going to give it a few months before I purchase. I want to see if they fall apart in short order or hold up. The reality of the world is anything “new” is going to have teething problems and it always shows months/years after release.
I want one for sizing powder coated bullets that I cast. The videos I watched were very impressive as far as speed. And with the 4 tube case feeder it would really speed things up for me. Hopefully they’ll stay whole and work out so I can purchase without issue later.
So far,with the exception of a couple of casting molds,everything I’ve purchased from Lee has been really decent stuff. Especially as cheaply as it’s sold.
The Deluxe model for a shade over 1 Benjamin.. Would almost be worth the gamble. Lord knows I've spent more for less.. Maybe I'll take the plunge if I get a few bucks back from Uncle Sam this year. While I don't cast my own, the APP would be worth it just for case prep..

Reactions: Ellis93

· Premium Member
19,600 Posts
The Deluxe model for a shade over 1 Benjamin.. Would almost be worth the gamble. Lord knows I've spent more for less.. Maybe I'll take the plunge if I get a few bucks back from Uncle Sam this year. While I don't cast my own, the APP would be worth it just for case prep..
If (IF) it tears up,Lee will send you parts or replace the whole unit. They really have zero issues taking care of their products. They’ve sent me primer tracks,primer trays,mold bolts,mold cam levers and mold handles with no cost to me. These were parts needed to repair used molds and one used loadmaster (don’t ever buy a used progressive press unless you just want your a$$ beat) I was fixing up because it was cheap.
Honestly I think that press will be fine.

· μολὼν λαβέ
43,276 Posts
Yes I have used the Missouri bullet brand and have used that particular bullet. I have had no issues with it or any of MB bullets. I did not size them, I loaded them and commenced shooting.

· Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Falcon bullets are cheaper.
I’ll look for those next time I order. I didn’t see them available at Grafs. I ordered these Missouri brand ones because they were in stock, you get free shipping over $100 which I was, and I get a small dealer discount with my C&R through Grafs.

· μολὼν λαβέ
43,276 Posts

· Registered
9,447 Posts
Don't think I've seen Falcon bullets in anyone's ad.
12 to 15 years ago I couldn't cast as fast as we were shooting. I ordered the bulk (3500) 38spl 125 gr TCFP. Total was $207 with $14 shipping. I see they've gone up in price a bit since then, $4 for 500. Shipping has gone up a bit too. $221 plus 14.35

· Registered
13,707 Posts

· μολὼν λαβέ
43,276 Posts
Aren't they about the same or slightly higher after taxes and shipping.

Good bullets though have used them before.

· μολὼν λαβέ
43,276 Posts
Ok had to look .

Summers
500 125 gr coated totals $47.03

Falcon
500 125 gr coated totals $42.40

So they are right there together.

I just figured out that I pass within 5 miles of Bayou bullets coming home from work. Might have to start buying from them so I won't have to pay shipping.

· μολὼν λαβέ
43,276 Posts
Bayou Bullets would cost me $34.50 if I stopped buy and picked them up on the way home.

Reactions: canebreaker

· Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looked at the Falcon bullets. Their 3000 count bag comes to about $.08 per round. The Missouri bullets I bought from Grafs cost me $.06 per round, but only because I got free shipping from ordering over $100. Not sure what they’re have cost per round if I had to pay shipping. Probably close the same as the Falcon ones.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.