Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m back up at one of our plants in Montana for a quick visit so thought I’d share some pictures I’ve taken around the area. Not too often that I get to see snow in October

Yellowstone River near Livingston

View across the Missouri

Sign at headwaters of Missouri

Junction of the Madison and Jefferson Rivers forming the Missouri

Abandoned tracks near continental divide east of Butte

Old trestle on line

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Beautiful up there. Big Sky Country for a well-deserved reason.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
23,147 Posts
Beautiful country.

Reactions: stewbaby

·
Premium Member
3,064 Posts
Great pictures -- I have a friend living at Gallatin Gateway - need to go for another visit.

Reactions: stewbaby

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Supposed to be vacationing there this Christmas... Glacier Natl Park,, skiing, ice fishing...
My sister went to visit her son in Kalispell (within sight of Glacier NP) a few months ago. She said the less expensive motel rooms were going for $300/night. It seems that the area has been overrun by left coasters, many of whom are full-time living in motels because the housing market has gone bonkers high.

·
Premium Member
6,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
…She said the less expensive motel rooms were going for $300/night..
Yes, hotels and rental cars were terrible thru the tourists season but have gotten better now. Bozeman (a major gateway to Yellowstone) was running $400+ a night in July and August at just a Hampton or Holiday Inn. Rental cars were impossible to get unless rented for at least a week. Butte hotels got as high as $220ish but are now back down to $100ish. Bozeman is down to $200.

…many a bumper sticker up there says ‘stop California evasive species’

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
TYVM for sharing the pics, they are so pretty.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts